At Johnson & Johnson, we use technology and the power of teamwork to discover new ways to prevent and overcome the world’s the most significant healthcare challenges. Our Corporate, Medical Devices, and pharmaceutical teams leverage data, real-world insights, and creative minds to make life-changing healthcare products and medicines. We're disrupting outdated healthcare ecosystems and infusing them with transformative ideas to help people thrive throughout every stage of their lives. With a reach of more than a billion people every day, there’s no limit to the impact you can make here. Are you ready to reimagine healthcare?
Here, your career breakthroughs will change the future of health, in all the best ways. And you’ll change, too. You’ll be inspired, and you’ll inspire people across the world to change how they care for themselves and those they love. Amplify your impact. Join us!
Project, Resourcing & Partnership (PRP) Management Organization Summer Co-Op Overview:
J&J Global Development (GD) R&D organization encompasses several functions that focus on the delivery of patient centric solutions across drug-development processes (ex. API development, drug delivery, clinical trial management & execution) in an effective and efficient manner (supporting process improvements, risk management and critical path). PRP organization, GD function, is a part of a Project Management (PMO) capabilities of R&D with a vision of ‘Life-Changing Medicines is Our Business, and We Are Catalysts Mobilizing JRD Portfolio Delivery’. We offer a fast-paced cross-functional, technologically advanced environment, passionate about developing individual project, resourcing, and partnership management skills through early talent engagement. Through our mission of ‘We Advance the JRD Portfolio by Progressing Team Strategy, Optimizing Resourcing, Robust Planning, and Cultivating Partnerships Together to Deliver Better & Faster Drug Development, you will have the opportunity to learn about compound development, therapeutic areas, disease states, portfolio management across discovery through development and de-listing, and participate in processes used to deliver drug to patient.
Life as a PRP R&D Co-Op:
The PRP Co-Op program provides each student with real-life hands-on experience, coaching and mentoring, networking opportunities, as well as the opportunity to meet people from various functional areas. We plan on hiring students across several functional roles and several positions within PRP Organization. Each Co-Op will be assigned to a single function with a specific project for the 12-15 weeks duration.
- The typical summer term is from May 2023 – August 2023
- The Internship may be virtual/remote, while onsite requirements maybe applicable
- Career mentorship is available with networking opportunities within assigned team and beyond
- Assignment area and work-site location will be matched to business needs
- For roles that require you to work on site, transportation is the student’s responsibility
- Full time availability (40 hours per week)
- Pay rate is determined based on the grade level at time of offer.
- Employee may be eligible to participate in Company employee benefit programs, such as medical benefits, sick time, and holiday pay, in accordance with the terms of the applicable plans
Available Internship Areas Include:
- Cross-TA project management
- Pharmaceutical Development (small and large molecule), Precision Medicine, Regulatory, Established Projects, ExPoint (government grants) and Integrated/operational Cross-TA PMO roles
- Resourcing & Planning
- Capacity Management, Clinical Forecasting, Program Coordination
- CRO partnerships, Clinical partnerships
Please note that while locations/facilities have been aligned to our Co-Ops positions, assignments could be virtual due to the uncertainties of COVID-19.
- High demand: New Jersey (Titusville, Raritan)
- High demand: Pennsylvania (Spring House, Malvern, Horsham)
- Other locations: to be discussed/considered at the time of candidate selection
- Science (Biology, Molecular Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Neuroscience etc.)
- Data Science, Statistics, Business Analytics, Mathematics
- Finance, Economics, Business, Marketing
- Information Technology, Computer Science
- Supply Chain, Information Systems, Packaging Sciences
- Pharmacology, Psychology, Sociology
- Exercise Science, Food Science, Human Science/Development
- Engineering (Mechanical, Biomedical, Industrial, Electrical, Materials, Software, Chemical, etc.)
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. and must not require sponsorship for employment visa status now, or in the future (ex. H1-B, F-1)
- Candidates must be actively enrolled in an accredited University for the duration of the Co-Op assignment pursuing a Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum GPA of 3.3 is required
- Completion of Undergraduate Freshmen year at an accredited University is required prior to start of Co-Op
- Ability to demonstrate strong analytical and quantitative skills is required
- Excellent communication, presentation, and leadership skills are preferred
- Ability to balance multiple projects and initiatives while executing results
- Must be a self-starter works independently while contributing to the team goals
- Proven leadership/participation with campus programs and/or community service activities is desired
Learn more about the Pharma R&D Sector:
Janssen Research & Development discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in immunology, oncology, neuroscience, infectious diseases & vaccines, pulmonary hypertension, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases.
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com .
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability