DePuy Synthes, a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies is recruiting for a Senior Financial Analyst – WW Instrumentation to support Worldwide Instrumentation. The preferred location for this role is Raynham, MA. Other locations that will be considered include West Chester, PA, New Brunswick, NJ, Palm Beach Gardens, FL, or Warsaw, IN offices.
DePuy Synthes, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, provides one of the most comprehensive Orthopaedics portfolios in the world. DePuy Synthes solutions, in specialties including joint reconstruction, trauma, craniomaxillofacial, spinal surgery and sports medicine, are designed to advance patient care while delivering clinical and economic value to health care systems worldwide. For more information, visit www.depuysynthes.com
The primary scope of the Senior Financial Analyst role is to provide finance and accounting support to the US and worldwide Depuy Synthes organization and to serve as a business partner to the DePuy Synthes Instruments stakeholders. The candidate will provide financial insights that will help drive business objectives and keep management informed regarding performance and changes impacting financial results. The team supports an annual budget of approximately $400 million related to worldwide instrumentation.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Serve as the finance partner supporting Instrumentation for the Trauma, CMF, and Spine businesses and collaborate with the supply and demand planning teams, business unit, franchise, and regional finance teams, commercial operations, and field audit and compliance teams
- Support business initiatives, projects, and operations by developing insights through analytics allowing leadership to advise decisions related to instrumentation spend for DePuy Synthes
- Perform month-end closing activities including preparation of journal entries, accruals, and account reconciliations for instrument capital, depreciation, expense, taxes, impairments, disposals and related write offs
- Manage aspects of financial updates including Business Plan, Forecasts, Long Range Financial Plan, actual vs budget and ad-hoc analyses
- Compliantly ensure all in scope financial reporting requirements are delivered
- Lead monthly financial performance reviews and identify risks and opportunities to the Business Plan and/or current forecasts
- Develop processes to leverage the Anchor Application to assist in annual instrument set forecasting, and instrument SKU classification
- Promote the use of consistent processes and tools across the different businesses
- Participate in process improvements, ranging from existing processes to initiatives that add value to the business platforms
- Challenge business requests and decisions and develop alternative solutions while educating our business partners on financial issues and policies
- Build processes and reporting for the regions and platforms to gain a comprehensive view of instrument spend including capital expenditures, deployments to the field, instrumentation at distribution centers, loose goods, depreciation, profit-in-inventory (PII)
- Assist in the annual field audits of instruments and support annual and/or adhoc audit and compliance requests
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree is required; a major in Accounting or Finance is preferred.
- A CPA, MBA, CMA, or other financial certification is preferred.
- A minimum of three (3) years of finance and/or accounting experience is required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office is required.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and Presentation skills required.
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail is required.
- Knowledge of SAP, JDE, TM1 and/or similar financial systems preferred.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, conceptual, communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- The candidate must be a highly motivated self-starter who can independently partner as necessary across different levels of management and functional groups of a matrix organization to recommend solutions, required.
- The ability to work in a dynamic environment and be able to recommend and implement process improvements and handle multiple tasks simultaneously is required.
- Demonstrate strong financial leadership by providing recommendations for improving the value of the financial information supplied to upper management to make key strategic decisions is required.
- The preferred location for this role is Raynham, MA. Other locations that will be considered include West Chester, PA, New Brunswick, NJ, Palm Beach Gardens, FL, or Warsaw, IN offices. This role may require up to 10% travel.
The base pay range for this position is $73,000 - $117,300.
The Company maintains highly competitive, performance-based compensation programs. Under current guidelines, this position is eligible for an annual performance bonus in accordance with the terms of the applicable plan. The annual performance bonus is a cash bonus intended to provide an incentive to achieve annual targeted results by rewarding for individual and the corporation’s performance over a calendar/ performance year. Bonuses are awarded at the Company’s discretion on an individual basis.
Employees may be eligible to participate in Company employee benefit programs such as health insurance, savings plan, pension plan, disability plan, vacation pay, sick time, holiday pay, and work, personal and family time off in accordance with the terms of the applicable plans. For additional general information on company benefits, please go to: - https://www.careers.jnj.com/employee-benefits
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional, and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.