Janssen Research & Development LLC, a Johnson & Johnson company, is recruiting for a postdoc located in Titusville, NJ; Raritan, NJ; La Jolla, CA; Cambridge, MA, New York, NY, or Spring House, PA.
Janssen develops treatments that improve the health of people worldwide. Research and development areas encompass oncology, cardiovascular and metabolic disorders, immunology, neuroscience, and infectious disease. Our ultimate goal is to help people live longer, healthier lives. We have produced and marketed many first-in-class prescription medications and are poised to serve the broad needs of the healthcare market – from patients to practitioners and from clinics to hospitals. To learn more about Janssen, one of the Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, visit www.janssenpharmaceuticalsinc.com .
The Data Science Analytics & Insights team within Janssen R&D develops innovative solutions using a variety of data sources across multiple different disease areas. We are looking for an outstanding postdoc with a focus on Radiology Computer Vision.
- Conceive, develop, and implement analytics and AI/Machine learning radiology solutions to high-priority scientific problems
- Participate in cross-functional collaborations with external companies and internal scientific, clinical, and data science teams
- Shape internal/external collaborations and define the scope of research questions
- Extract insight from sophisticated, unstructured radiology image or other imaging modalities data to improve drug discovery and healthcare (e.g., disease identification, patient stratification, disease insights)
- Clearly articulate highly technical methods and results to diverse audiences and partners to drive decision-making
- A Ph.D. degree in a quantitative field (e.g., artificial intelligence, computer science, applied mathematics, electrical engineering, or similar)
- Demonstrated experience driving research in and applying Computer Vision techniques, such as CNNs, RNNs, GANs, and radiomics, especially in radiology (e.g., MRI, CT, PET, Xray, etc.)
- Extensive hands-on experience with medical imaging modalities and formats (e.g., DICOM, nrrd, nifti) and collaborating with subject matter experts
- Proficiency with one or more programming language such as Python or C++
- Extensive experience with traditional Computer Vision applications, such as OpenCV, object detection, edge detection, image segmentation
- Experience with machine learning algorithms, including random forest, SVM, boosting, neural networks, etc.
- Strong publication record and ability to optimally communicate technical work to a wide audience
- Hands-on technical data analysis, cloud computing (AWS, Azure), dockerization
- Experience with different imaging modalities and RWD data
- Familiarity with and exposure to drug discovery and clinical development processes
- Experience working closely with healthcare professionals
- Experience with meaningful disease biology in cancer, immunology, neuroscience, cardiovascular, or infectious disease
- Remote work options may be considered on a case-by-case basis and if approved by the Company.
Growing on a diverse company culture and celebrating the uniqueness of our employees, we are committed to inclusion. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com
Working with Johnson & Johnson can change everything. Including YOU.