Manager, Professional Engagement & Medical Education, Rheumatology Franchise
Janssen Biotech, LLC, a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Manager, Professional Engagement & Medical Education, Rheumatology Franchise. This is a field-based position located in the Northwest region of the United States. Geography can include; Wa, Or, ND, SD, Mn, Id, Mt, and Sacramento, Ca as well as Reno, Nv.
For more than 30 years, Janssen Biotech, Inc. has delivered on the promise of new treatments and ways to improve the health of individuals with serious disease. Built upon a rich legacy of innovative first, Janssen Biotech, Inc. pursues innovative solutions in the therapeutic areas of immunology, oncology, urology, and nephrology. With the same unwavering passion for new challenges, we dedicate ourselves to delivering solutions for these disease states where unmet needs continue to exist. Rooted in rich scientific collaborations and community-based relationships, we have access to some of the top minds in science today, allowing us to advance the treatment of patients through our innovative medicines. Our discoveries lead us not only to new treatments, but also to new ways to empower patients and expand their access to quality care.
The Manager, Medical Education and Professional Engagement, will lead Key Opinion Leader (KOL) engagement through developing and maintaining relationships with current and future thought leaders. This includes Physicians, Advanced Practice Providers and Biologic Coordinators. This will result in the management of an assigned region. You will be responsible for leading KOL Strategy and executing engagement activities and events as part of the brand strategic plan. You will also be responsible for identifying and vetting promotional speakers, provide coaching and manage communications to KOLs who are part of Janssen’s National Faculty speaker bureau. Additional responsibilities may include leading and/or partnering with the home office-based teams to develop and deliver marketing and/or educational programs and leading professional education efforts at conferences.
- Partner cross functionally throughout the organization to oversee and execute regional and national KOL engagement plans
- Lead engagement strategy between in House Marketing, Field Selling and partner with medical affairs for delivering on Rheumatology specific deliverables.
- Successfully and compliantly exchange knowledge, gather insights, and build advocacy with Key Opinion Leaders
- Interface with KOL’s through office visits, Society/Medical Congress meetings or at Advisory Boards.
- Lead regional and National Rheumatology Medical Congress engagement and education planning and attend assigned Congresses
- Identify and help to recruit approved candidates for Marketing Advisory Boards and oversee content development, approval, and capture feedback to meet Marketing strategy objectives
- Manage Promotional Speaker selection and communications for assigned geographical coverage
- Provide insights and learnings back to marketing, medical and/or sales, as appropriate and within compliance guidelines.
- Bachelor’s degree required. A minimum of 5 years of related industry experience is required.
- Combination of 2+ years of people management (district manager) and/or project management (marketing manager, Key Account Manager) experience.
- Prior Customer relationship management experience (though leader development, speaker bureau management, clinical training, etc.).
- Experience concentrated in biotechnology medical, sales or marketing.
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross functional teams with a track record of success.
- Track Record to perform in a highly dynamic, fast paced, competitive environment and manage competing priorities that include both customer facing and in house market development needs.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze complex business situations, identify trends and creative business solutions.
- Advanced problem solving, decision-making, presentation, and Business acumen skills.
- Product focus on medical Rheumatology therapeutic markets.
- Experience with Pharmaceutical Content though the copy review process is preferred.
This is a field-based position which requires up to 60% local/regional travel throughout the region and will require evening events, and overnight and weekend travel. Candidate should reside within the region and be located within a reasonable distance to a major airport.
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional, and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com .
The base pay range for this position is $110,000 to $195,000. The Company maintains highly competitive, performance-based compensation programs. Under current guidelines, this position is eligible for an annual performance bonus. The annual performance bonus is a cash bonus intended to provide an incentive to achieve annual targeted results by rewarding for individual and the corporation’s performance over a calendar/performance year. Bonuses are awarded at the company’s discretion on an individual basis. Employees may be eligible to participate in Company employee benefit programs such as health insurance, savings plan, pension plan, disability plan, vacation pay, sick time, holiday pay, and work, personal and family time off in accordance with the terms of the applicable plans. Additional information can be found through the link below.
Information on benefits can be viewed by following this link: https://www.careers.jnj.com/employee-benefits
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.