Mentor Worldwide L.L.C, part of Johnson and Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for a R&D Engineering Co-op position, located in Irving, TX.
Mentor is a trusted global leader in aesthetic medicine among both consumers and clinicians by providing a broad range of innovative, science and clinical-based solutions to maintain, enhance, and restore self-esteem and quality of life. The company has products and services in three areas of aesthetics: breast (augmentation and reconstruction), body and face. Of the companies in this field only Mentor makes products in the USA. Mentor’s product portfolio primarily consists of breast implants and tissue expanders.
Co-op may work in an engineering lab to develop test methods, design fixtures and prototyping components, evaluate prototypes on bench-tops, animal and cadaver models and coordinate activities with team members and outside suppliers. Student will work closely with engineers and support all project related activities.
- Design, fabrication, and testing of prototypes through the use of CAD and rapid prototyping
- Generation of part, assembly, and drawing files of various components, prototypes, and test fixtures in SolidWorks
- Development and execution of test methods to characterize new products
- Coordination with marketing, outside suppliers and our manufacturing site
- Hands-on work in the engineering lab and documentation of activities
This position is only available to current students pursing a degree at an accredited college/university.
Student with majors in Mechanical or Biomedical Engineering are preferred.
Must be Junior, Senior, or Graduate student at time of co-op. GPA of 3.0 or above preferred.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Junior, Senior, or Graduate student at an accredited college/university at time of co-op.
- Excellent organization and documentation skills.
- Must be a self-starter and able to work in a team environment.
- Able to create and modify CAD drawings, design test fixtures.
- Knowledge in the field of engineering - courses and lab experience required.
- Majors in Mechanical or Biomedical Engineering.
- GPA of 3.0.
- Demonstrated leadership and/or participation in campus programs and/or community service activities
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com .
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.