Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $81.6 billion in 2018 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 130,000 people in 60 countries throughout the world.
Calling all big thinkers and world-changers who want to drive their careers forward across more than 250 leading businesses in consumer, pharmaceutical and medical technology. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Janssen Research & Development (“JRD”), a Johnson & Johnson company, is recruiting for summer interns, Janssen R&D Data Science & Digital Health, Real-World Evidence (“RWE”). In this role, you will partner with key businesses across Janssen to apply advanced data science and analytics to answer key research questions. As an intern, you will get the opportunity to work on cutting-edge problems at the intersection of machine learning and healthcare. You will be a member of a dynamic team comprising data scientists and subject matter experts to create and iterate on data science solutions. You will be exposed in developing, adapting and delivering Real-World Data (“RWD”) methodologies to mitigate observed and unobserved bias and confounding in the execution of comparative effectiveness analyses, time-to-event analyses, observational and prospective study designs, burden of disease estimation, cohort selection and characterization, incidence/prevalence studies, non-inferiority studies and the development of algorithms for risk stratification, creating disease severity indices, and other use cases. The primary location for this position is flexible – either; Titusville, NJ; Raritan, NJ; Spring House, PA; Cambridge, MA; New York City, NY; San Diego, CA; South San Francisco, CA; or remote with up to 10% travel.
• Currently pursuing bachelor’s, master’s, or Ph.D. degree in a quantitative field (e.g., epidemiology, statistics, biostatistics, health economics or similar)
• Some experience with exploratory data analysis, statistical modeling, time-to-event analyses, comparative effectiveness analyses, causal inference methods to mitigate observed and residual confounding (e.g., propensity score matching/weighting, instrumental variables, state transition models)
• Proficiency in one or more of the following programming languages: R or Python.
• Strong technical communication and presentation skills.
Experience in one or more of the following –
• Demonstrated experience with real-world data (EHR, insurance claims, registry data)
• User level skills on OHDSI tools: ATLAS, Cohort Diagnostics, Phevaluator
• Some experience in designing/executing observational studies
• Familiarity with drug discovery and the clinical development process
• Understanding in one or more therapeutic areas
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com .
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.