About the Johnson & Johnson - Janssen
Johnson & Johnson is a company committed to doing good for the world. We blend Heart, Science and Ingenuity to profoundly change the trajectory of health for humanity.
Janssen, one of the Pharmaceutical Companies of J&J, with more than 35,000 employees working hard to treat, cure, stop and prevent some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time – from autoimmune diseases, hematology, oncology, HIV, mental disorders, heart disease and diabetes. We believe that challenging something is the best way to change it. So, every day, in more than 150 countries, we bring together ground-breaking science and the most creative minds in the industry to think differently about how diseases are treated and prevented. We seek not only to innovate but also to empower people with the tools they need to make informed decisions and achieve the best possible results for their health. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Communications & Public Affairs Manager Janssen, Johnson & Johnson
The holder of this position drives and ensures Janssen’s public image as a trusted partner for patient groups and the broader society by delivering valuable solutions. The role drives access and funding as well as disease awareness in collaboration with patient associations, non-governmental organizations to secure the best possible treatments for patients. The role also assumes responsibility for strategic planning, development and implementation of integrated external communication strategies that engage and influence stakeholders.
Objectives of the Position
- Plan the Public Affairs strategy, planning, and activities per therapeutic area, including budgets and resources.
- Ensure advocacy alignment with Janssen Government Affairs and Policy and HEMAR. Identify, prioritize and create engagement plans for local patient advocacy groups and associations as well as external partners to ensure maximum impact and realization of desired goals and objectives.
- Measure and evaluate the effectiveness of advocacy programs and specifically monitor progress against objectives.
- Create and deliver patient-aimed communication materials and drive the patient value story.
- Nurture relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including Patients Associations, to understand mutual areas of interest between Janssen and advocacy / professional organizations to optimally serve patients.
- Deploy broad understanding of business, competitive and industry priorities in development and implementation of strategic communication plans in order to drive key business and reputation outcomes and shape the environment in favor of Janssen’s products.
- Proactively engage, inform and influence key external stakeholders, including media relations, regarding issues important to Janssen and its constituents. Identify and apply key outcomes and metrics to communication practices, and provide insights that improve quality, performance and key capabilities.
What you will need to succeed
You have the ability to effectively solve problems by continuously searching for areas to improve and innovate. You keep focus on driving results in the light of a multifaceted and complex stakeholder landscape. Key is also to have the ability to move from analysis and strategies into action and implementation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Master’s degree in Corporate Communication or similar fields - required
- 2-5 years of work experience in comparable roles - preferred
- Healthcare, pharmaceutical or similar industry experience - preferred
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office - required
- High proficiency in the country-specific language - required
- High proficiency in spoken and written English - required
If you are interested in this position, please apply with an updated CV and Cover letter. The selection process will start during the standard 30-days posting period, please send in your application as soon as possible. We reserve the rights to close the advert earlier. All applicants can expect feedback on the application.
If you have issues applying, please use Chrome Web Browser and reset your password. If that does not help you can get more guidance and contact us from this page: https://www.careers.jnj.com/contactus-faq.
For more than 130 years, diversity, equity & inclusion (DEI) have been part of our cultural fabric at Johnson & Johnson and woven into how we do business every day. Our commitment to respect the dignity and diversity of all is embedded in our Credo.
We know that the success of our business depends on having the best talent in a workforce that reflects the diverse markets we serve around the world and an inclusive culture that values different perspectives and life experiences
That is why we in the Nordics are working to create an inclusive environment where a diverse set of backgrounds, perspectives and experiences are valued and each and every one of our people feel that they belong and can reach their potential. No matter who they are.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Johnson & Johnson means “You Belong”!