DePuy Synthes Sales, Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson’s Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Field Operations Team Lead located in Elk Grove Village, Illinois.
DePuy Synthes, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, provides one of the most comprehensive orthopedics portfolios in the world. DePuy Synthes solutions, in specialties including joint reconstruction, trauma, craniomaxillofacial, spinal surgery and sports medicine, are designed to advance patient care while delivering clinical and economic value to health care systems worldwide. For more information, visit www.depuysynthes.com.
Johnson & Johnson Deliver Group is part of Johnson & Johnson’s global Supply Chain organization supporting operations across all of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies. Deliver Group strives to provide an exceptional customer experience through leading critical customer-facing-functions such as customer service, distribution and transportation. In addition, Deliver oversees critical business enablers, including how we gather and manage supply chain master data, safe and secure supply chain practices, product identification standards, and market/channel access capabilities. It supports all three sectors of Johnson & Johnson: Medical Devices (including Vision), Pharmaceutical, and Consumer Products. Located in every region of the world where Johnson & Johnson operates, Deliver is a critical component of our supply chain, working collaboratively to ensure that quality, safety and the experience of our customers is our top priority.
The Field Operations Team Lead will be responsible for leading day-to-day operations in a 24-hour Logistics Center which provides specialized service to DePuy Synthes Sales, in professional, timely and self-directed manner. This role will be responsible a for providing superior customer service and support to internal and external business partners at DePuy Synthes franchises (e.g., Sales Consultants, Regional Sales Managers, Operations). This position will design and execute an efficient plan for day-to day operations by providing clear direction to direct reports/non direct reports and 3rd party courier(s) whom support the Field Inventory Location, while ensuring adherence to effective SOPs, Quality and safety requirements. The Team Lead will provide constructive input to enhance the work process/environment by making suggestions and implementing process changes in coordination with the Field Inventory Location team to ensure the achievement of Orthopedic Field Logistics objectives.
Field Operations Team Lead Key Responsibilities:
• Provides leadership to the team in support of day to day business needs and is the liaison with the field sales organization
• Drives continuous improvement plans in distribution activities to improve operating costs
• Manage implant inventory including replenishments, National loaners, returns, and expired goods
• Lead the planning of implants, instruments, and transportation
• Perform check-in and put-away process for Orthopedic and Trauma products including: scanning inventory, completing inventory transfers, ordering replacement parts, and sorting mixed sets
• Check-in instrument sets to ensure all required instruments are present in set and order replacement parts when necessary
• Provide general support to the operations including the assembly of new instrument sets
• Receive in loose finished goods inventory and put to stock or match with appropriate sets
• Complete shipping functions to include: forwarding and issuing sets to customer, communicating incomplete set information to customer service, assembling packing lists, and completing shipping manifest
• Communicate with other company departments regarding product dispositions and potential problems
• Support/lead projects as required by the Supervisor or Distribution Manager
• Travel to/support other territories as required
• Perform housekeeping duties as directed to maintain a safe, clean working environment
• Adhere to quality controls processes and service quality guidelines
• Take "On Call" duties on a rotating basis, providing 24-hr support if necessary for a seven-day period
• Execute all safety policies, rules and regulations, reporting all incidents/accidents/injuries immediately upon discovery to Supervisor/Safety Coordinator
• Participate and lead quality and safety initiatives
• Deliver and pickup devices in hospital/surgical center designated staging areas as needed
• Operate all equipment in a safe, efficient manner following prescribed work methods, including but not limited to Hand-trucks, RFID scanners, inventory management software, simple hand tools for assembling warehouse equipment, box cutters, and PPE
• Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent degree required; Associate's or Bachelor's degree preferred
• Minimum three (3) years of relevant work experience required
• Must possess high-level multitasking and organizational skills
• Ability to lead a team without direct management responsibilities
• Strong interpersonal skills and excellent verbal communication
• Demonstrated collaboration skills, with ability to contribute positively to the morale of the team
• Requires working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Requires ability to perform repetitive physical requirements including: lifting up to 50lbs, constant standing/walking on concrete floors 95% of the time, and bending/twisting/squatting
• Requires up to 5% domestic travel
• Demonstrated flexibility/sense of urgency, taking and giving direction and accomplishing tasks quickly and efficiently without sacrificing quality
• Demonstrated ability following policies, SOPs, regulations and legal requirements
• Demonstrated ability to produce according to established goals and standards
• Experience in a high volume Logistics/Warehouse Operations environment preferred
• Orthopedic or Trauma loaner process/program or hospital sterile processing experience preferred
• Experience with SAP, JDE, AS400 or Optimize WCS (Warehouse Control System) preferred
• Proven ability to do simple math, count accurately, read and write legibly
• 5S or Lean experience, training, or certification is helpful
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional, and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.