Johnson & Johnson, Inc. is recruiting for a National Capital ASC Director, Strategic Accounts within the Strategic Customer Group (SCG), J&J Medical Devices Companies. This Customer Facing position can be located anywhere in the Continental U.S.
The Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies have been working to make surgery better for more than a century. With substantial breadth and depth in surgical technologies, orthopedic and interventional solutions, we aspire to improve and enhance medical care for people worldwide. Together, we are working to shape the future of health through differentiated products and services.
The National Capital ASC - Director of Strategic Accounts (DSA) is responsible for leading the National Capital ASC strategy development and relationship management with the Ambulatory Surgery Center (ASC) leadership within national IDN’s. The National Capital ASC DSA is also responsible for leading the capital equipment strategy development for the ASC’s owned by the National IDN’s that are HealthTrust Members. This responsibility includes capital contracting across the Johnson and Johnson MedTech operating companies. They are also responsible for developing capital pricing strategies specific to the ASC cite of care within National IDN’s that are members of HealthTrust GPO. The National Capital ASC DSA coordinates all capital strategic planning with the Johnson and Johnson MedTech (JJMT) commercial business leaders and internal J&J business partners including the Deal Desk, Legal, Value-Based Directors, HEMA, Healthcare Compliance, Finance, etc. The National Capital ASC DSA is responsible for helping the ASC facilities owned by our largest national IDN’s migrate from a transactional relationship to strategic, value-based partnership by building customer relationships broadly across the ASC C-Suite and economic leadership at the national IDN customers.
Key responsibilities include:
- Reports to the Area Vice President, Strategic Customer Group Customer Management for JJMT and responsible for contracting, pricing and daily contract management of [3-4] large health system customers.
- Develops sustainable strategic relationships with key ASC stakeholders within the National IDN as the single Capital point of contact to maximize effectiveness in driving short and long-term ASC account growth and meaningful partnerships.
- Leads a collaborative process in partnership with the National SCG account teams, the JJMT business units, the Field Sales leadership of the JJMT organizations, and other aligned business partners in the organization to assure our National ASC IDN strategy aligns with JJMT leadership objectives.
- Lead a collaborative process in partnership with account team across the FSO and other aligned business partners in the organization.
- Develops the National IDN ASC capital strategies and accelerates the delivery of profitable performance metrics (i.e. revenue growth, improved price performance, introduction of new Capital technology, managing erosion) for the ASC’s owned by National IDN.
- Responsible for the capital contract management of the ASC’s owned by National IDN’s (RFPs, contract renewals, deal creation and delivery, etc.).
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with economic decision makers within the National IDN ASC leadership, which includes Supply Chain, Value Analysis Committees, Peri-Operative Services, and other committees which make system-wide product decisions.
- Works collaboratively, as a member of the overall National IDN account team, to align toward broader organizational goals.
- Accountable for the co-creation of Capital contract strategy and pricing across capital platforms lines including multi-franchise Capital and overall JJMT overlay programs for ASC’s owned by national IDN’s.
- Understand the full set of JJMT Capital products and offerings, strategies and business objectives.
- In all aspects of the role, the following competencies will be utilized and needed:
- Strategic Account Planning, Business Acumen, Healthcare Ecosystem, Negotiation and Consultation as well as Executional Excellence
- Bachelor’s Degree required; MBA preferred.
Experience and Skills:
- 10+ Years of health care business experience
- Solid understanding of the U.S. healthcare market, including industry trends, customer dynamics, legal and compliance requirements
- Experience in any of the following: account management, contracting, marketing, sales management
- Strategic thinking skills (problem solving skills in complex negotiations)
- Experience in developing strategic contracting proposals and successfully executing customer negotiations
- Financial acumen, with an understanding of gross profit, erosion, pricing impact
- Experience working in a highly matrixed environment and influencing across multiple stakeholder groups with an enterprise mindset
- Collaborative style, ability to process multiple, complex and often conflicting inputs to build an executable contract strategy
- Strong analytical skills
- Highly effective communication skills
- Proven ability to manage through constructive conflict
- This position must be based in the continental US and close to a major airport and will require up to 50% travel throughout the US.
- Relevant medical device (orthopedics, surgery, electrophysiology) product knowledge
- Understanding of the digital / robotics market
The anticipated base pay range for this position is $133,000 - $199,000
Employees may be eligible to participate in Company employee benefit programs such as health insurance, savings plan, pension plan, disability plan, vacation pay, sick time, holiday pay, and work, personal and family time off in accordance with the terms of the applicable plans.
For additional general information on company benefits, please go to:
Discover the inclusive employee benefits offered by Johnson & Johnson
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com .