At Johnson & Johnson Vision, we have a bold ambition: to change the trajectory of eye health. That’s why, through our operating companies, we’ve developed solutions for every stage of life—to help people see better, connect better and live better. We partner with eye care professionals to provide some of the world’s leading products and technologies to address refractive error, cataracts, dry eye, and beyond. We are committed to using our reach and size for good, and strive to put quality eye care within reach of everyone, everywhere. Visit us at www.jjvision.com. Follow @JNJVision on Twitter and Johnson & Johnson Vision on LinkedIn.
Reporting to Sales Operations Manager, the Contract Specialist is experienced in managing contracts, and is responsible for maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction (internal to AMO and external accounts) through timely and correct contract processing. This includes accountability for responding to customer inquiries and providing insight into market trends from a procurement perspective. The scope of this position includes all AMO business unit customers within Canada.
- Leads response to multiple proposal types (RFQ, RFP, Sales Agreement, Amendments) received from internal and external customers. Focus is group purchasing organizations, acute care accounts and private surgical centres / clinics
- Leads tender process using project management techniques to ensure kick-off and status reviews with cross-functional teams, identifies clear deliverables, assigns roles and timelines
- Manages customer Group Purchasing Organization (GPO) configurations in order to ensure accurate pricing aligned across GPO members; interfaces with Sales & Operations Analyst to ensure accurate utilization of GPO member data in local data and analytics outputs and reporting
- Identifies existing responses for common questions/clauses that can be leveraged. Develops new/targeted responses and recommends alternatives
- Drafts and reviews agreements and terms and conditions based on commercial and legal and healthcare compliance input; gains cross-functional team alignment
- Collaborate with Sales and Marketing to ensure contract requirements are met in a consistent, compliant manner. Demonstrate thorough understanding of AMO and customer’s legal terms and conditions and highlight compliance requirements.
- Ensure tender requirements are compliantly met, final documentation is submitted on time, and retained for easy retrieval in compliance with department processes
- Collaborate with and challenge internal marketing and sales partners to ensure the best bid response is put forward for each opportunity
- Maintain SOX and HCC documentation as required and maintain RFP win/loss award, extension and expiry reports
- Perform daily bid site reviews for new tenders, review tender documents and identify significant information for the business
- Address contract related inquiries from external customers (RFQs, pricing inquiry etc.), and issue reports for external customers as required
- Liaise with the Contract Coordinators and Financial by deciphering bid information, pricing discrepancies etc.
- Proactively generate non-routine correspondence to secure additional customer information or resolve queries.
- Build relationship with counterparts within Customer Procurement function by proactively seeking feedback on current bids, current contracts and customer procurement objectives.
- Innovate and lead contracts related process improvements that will create value for the organization. Participate in various initiatives to develop new process and continuously improve existing processes
Job Knowledge Requirements:
1. Relevant knowledge and experience
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience managing contracts or equivalent experience;
- Strong project management skills and capability to manage multiple projects simultaneously;
- Excellent communication (verbal & written) and problem solving skills, outstanding customer service orientation;
- Ability to assess risk and escalate appropriately;
- Ability to work under pressure in a dynamic environment;
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Proactive, self-motivated with the ability to multi-task and effectively manage priorities;
- Flexible, and team-oriented;
2. Technical competency requirements:
- Excellent command of English and French languages
- Post secondary education
- Proficiency with MS Excel, MS Word, MS Outlook, ERP/business intelligence systems and other desktop applications.
- Office deskwork, requiring sitting, using the phone and computer
Physical/Auditory & Visual Demands:
- The position requires motion related to sitting, typing, looking at a computer screen.
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com.
Diversity and inclusion are central elements of the shared culture across the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies. Attracting, developing, and retaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities is essential to our success. We are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive, and accessible work environment where all employees can achieve their potential.