At Johnson & Johnson, we believe health is everything. Our strength in healthcare innovation empowers us to build a world where complex diseases are prevented, treated, and cured, where treatments are smarter and less invasive, and solutions are personal. Through our expertise in Innovative Medicine and MedTech, we are uniquely positioned to innovate across the full spectrum of healthcare solutions today to deliver the breakthroughs of tomorrow, and profoundly impact health for humanity.
Johnson & Johnson Innovative Medicine team discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, pulmonary hypertension, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. At Johnson & Johnson Innovative Medicine, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing, and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
The Johnson & Johnson Innovative Medicine Data Science Center of Excellence (CoE) Team in Asia Pacific is looking for an extraordinary data science leader who is passionate about impacting the lives of patients and delivering solid business value using innovative and transformative data science solutions. This leader will lead a team of passionate and experienced data scientists who are working on challenging and impactful data science initiatives for Asia Pacific region. You will play a key role in envisioning a strong data science/AI strategy, driving AI innovations (including generative AI), evangelizing the value of AI to business leaders and collaborating strongly with business, technology, and other teams to select, prioritize and execute a set of impactful AI initiatives in the region.
- Collaborate with business leaders and other stakeholders to understand business needs and identify the strategic areas where data science can drive strong business impact, in alignment with the organization's goals and priorities.
- Develop holistic data science strategies for driving innovations, maximizing in-line assets and accelerate new drug launches, in alignment with business strategy
- Provide strategic leadership and guidance to the data scientists and play a critical role in ensuring project success
- Drive adoption of AI across the organization, identify new areas of opportunities for application of generative AI to improve effectiveness, business impact and efficiency
- Manage a team of highly skilled data scientists and data science product owners, providing guidance and support as necessary and motivating the team to deliver outstanding results
- Establish best practices for data science project governance, product development and operationalization
- Continuously explore and evaluate emerging technologies, tools, and frameworks to ensure that our organization remains at the forefront of machine learning and AI.
- Develop and manage the budget, ensuring effective utilization of resources and alignment with financial targets.
- Establish clear success measures for data science projects and drive continual improvement
- Identify skill gaps in the team in various areas of AI/ML, and develop plans for upskilling or hiring as necessary. Partner with academia for strategic projects if necessary.
- Oversee relationships with technology vendors and other partners, ensuring effective partnerships and timely delivery of solutions.
Skills & Experiences:
- Ph.D. with 7+ years of experience, or Bachelors/ Master’s degree with 10+ years of experience, in Computer Sciences, Statistics, Machine Learning & Artificial Intelligence, Physics, Molecular Biology, Bioinformatics, Computational Informatics, Medical Informatics, Computational Biology or a related discipline.
- Strong experience in delivering business value using AI/ML
- Strong knowledge of Machine Learning algorithms and generative AI.
- Strong knowledge and experience in ML Ops architecture and best practices
- Familiarity with working in a cloud-based technology stack.
- Ability to explain complex Machine Learning concepts and theories to business stakeholders in a simplified, easy to understand way.
- Experience working in pharmaceuticals or healthcare business.
- Excellent communicator and strong storytelling/ presentation skills.
- Strong team player and ability to work effectively in a collaborative, fast-paced environment.
- Working knowledge of applicable healthcare and nonhealthcare data sets relevant to the Asia Pacific region.
Location: Preferred location of this position will be in Singapore and require 20% travel. Flexibility of location may be considered where appropriate.
Join our team as the Director of Data Science, and play a pivotal role in leveraging AI to drive innovation and transformation within our organization.