At Johnson & Johnson, we use technology and the power of teamwork to discover new ways to prevent and overcome the world’s the most significant healthcare challenges. Our Corporate, Consumer Health, Medical Devices, and Pharmaceutical teams leverage data, real-world insights, and creative minds to make life-changing healthcare products and medicines. We're disrupting outdated healthcare ecosystems and infusing them with transformative ideas to help people thrive throughout every stage of their lives. With a reach of more than a billion people every day, there’s no limit to the impact you can make here. Are you ready to reimagine healthcare?
Here, your career breakthroughs will change the future of health, in all the best ways. And you’ll change, too. You’ll be inspired, and you’ll inspire people across the world to change how they care for themselves and those they love. Amplify your impact. Join us!
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Summer 2021 Intern student for Biologics/Large Molecule Drug Product Development (DPD), to be based in Malvern, PA. The Summer Intern will support activities related to the large molecule (therapeutic proteins, vaccine, CAR-T, or gene therapy) formulation development, process development in support of fill-finish activities, and/or related pharmacy studies (pharmacy manual studies including drug product design, development of Investigational Product Preparation Instructions)
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Leading the execution of experiments related to formulation or process development of large molecule therapeutics
- Formulation studies related formulation selection and evaluation plus a variety of characterization studies
- Process development studies will include determination and characterization of process parameters associated with fill-finish operations such as mixing, filtration, pumping, and fill speeds.
- Pharmacy Studies Providing support to areas of drug product design, dosage preparation, administration and instructional training
- Collecting, recording, interpreting, and presenting experimental data appropriately
- Identifying and presenting relevant literature to the project team
- Coordinating testing schedules, presenting results, and authoring reports
- Communicating progress to supervisors
At the culmination of the internship, the intern will have gained:
- Exposure to the pharmaceutical industry
- General knowledge of drug product development
- Understanding of the relationship between formulation components and manufacturing conditions on drug product quality
- Enrollment in an accredited College/Institution degree program
- Undergraduate students: Sophomore or above pursuing a degree in Chemical, Biological, or Biomolecular Engineering, Biochemistry, or another related science field.
- Graduate Students: Completion of a minimum of 1-2 years towards a PhD degree in Chemical, Biological, or Biomolecular Engineering, Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD), or another related science field.
- Availability to work full-time for the duration of the internship from May-August 2024
- Must be able to provide transportation to and from the worksite in Malvern/Springhouse PA
- Previous co-op or internship experience is preferred.
- Previous experience with standard laboratory techniques is preferred
- PC-based skills, including Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint are preferred
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.