Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a pharmaceutical company of Johnson & Johnson is recruiting for an Engagement Manager – Advanced Analytics & Access & Insights to support the commercial organization. This position is based in Horsham, PA.
At the Janssen, Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found. Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc. provides medicines for an array of health concerns in several therapeutic areas, including Cardiovascular & Metabolism, Neuroscience, Pulmonary Hypertension, Oncology, Immunology, and Infectious Disease. Please visit http://www.janssenpharmaceuticalsinc.com/ for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
This role is responsible for driving Advanced Analytics for Tremfya in our Immunology brand and MAIA, our Market Access Insights & Analytics. This leader will be responsible for creating sustainable advanced analytics solutions (including AI/ML) to solve complex unmet needs for our customers, influence decision-making at senior levels, uncover and drive revenue and share growth, and advance our commercial model.
The ideal candidate is proficient in understanding real-world application of data sciences with experience working across diverse teams to help bridge technology, commercial and data teams.
- Develop, influence and shape sustainable advanced analytical solutions that align with business insight needs, are forward looking, and use tools and methods to track, report and analyze results
- Generate innovative approaches to market access pull through including translating contract wins, underperforming opportunities, and market event targeted initiatives; monitor and measure success of these approaches.
- Support pricing teams with RFP Bid (Commercial and Government) process. This may include analog assessments, volume and geographic considerations, utilization management trends, customer and competitor intelligence gathering
- Support Market Access Readiness Review (MARR) process by developing new insights, connecting existing data and resources to shape critical access business decisions.
- Manage day-to-day relationships and projects with sales leadership, brand teams and other commercial stakeholders across commercial excellence
- Act as an internal consultant, proactively developing solutions to uncover business opportunities and actionable insights
- Collaborate and influence both internally and externally with vendors to coordinate cross-functional analytics projects and ensure advanced analytics is part of front-line thinking
- Assist in budget management, project prioritization and project management
- Manage story development and presentation of analytical solutions to ensure stakeholder buy-in
- Build, evolve and manage promotion response models to provide insights and recommendations to optimize promotional efforts
- A minimum of a Bachelor Degree is required; an advanced degree in a field such as Data Science, Statistics, Computer Science, Operations Research, Econometrics, Finance is preferred
Experience and Skills:
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant business experience in marketing, finance, analytics, management consulting or related field is required
- Knowledge of market access dynamics (e.g. payers, IDNs, specialty pharmacy, patient access, trade distribution) is preferred
- Ability to translate business questions into analytics techniques (regression classification, NLP, etc) and interpret outcomes of analytical models into meaningful business insights and actionable recommendations is required
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (model selection and hypothesis testing, statistical inference, etc.) and experience with real-world applications is required
- Working knowledge of machine learning techniques (e.g. supervised, unsupervised, deep learning) and their real-world advantages and drawbacks is required
- Working knowledge of pharma and specialty pharmacy data sources (to include IQVIA, Symphony Health, Truven/Optum, MMIT, Clarivate, Analysource, SSR) is required
- Excellent communication skills (written and presentation) is required
- Strong project management skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously is required
- Ability to organize, integrate, and analyze large data sources and draw cohesive conclusions is required
- Ability to influence all levels of the organization and to engage across a broad range of business partners and functions is required
- A minimum of 2 years of Pharmaceutical experience within an Immunology TA is preferred
- This position is based in Horsham, PA and will require up to 15% domestic travel
- The anticipated base pay range for this position is $113K - $170K
- The Company maintains highly competitive, performance-based compensation programs. Under current guidelines, this position is eligible for an annual performance bonus in accordance with the terms of the applicable plan. The annual performance bonus is a cash bonus intended to provide an incentive to achieve annual targeted results by rewarding for individual and the corporation’s performance over a calendar/performance year. Bonuses are awarded at the Company’s discretion on an individual basis.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.