Janssen is recruiting for Medical Science liaison Hematology role based in Cairo, Egypt .
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer. And our culture is interconnected by the shared values of Our Credo . It’s a culture that celebrates diversity and diverse perspectives. It helps employees achieve an effective mix between work and home life and supports their efforts to have a positive impact on their communities.
Summary of the job:
To be a therapeutic area scientific expert, responsible for discussing our Therapeutic areas, patients’ treatment trends and studies in the therapeutic areas in which we are involved, on a peer-to-peer basis with a defined audience of Leading Specialists (Physicians, Pharmacists, Hospital Managers, Board Members of Scientific Societies, and other stakeholders) and to be considered a trusted scientific counterpart and partner.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To keep abreast of medical and scientific knowledge.
- Continuously update their knowledge of patient’s treatment trends, guidelines, clinical activities and studies within the therapeutic area and patient`s treatment trends in the region
- Identify evolving scientific concepts with future clinical implications.
- Development and maintenance of a contact network with Leading Specialists .
- Understand their needs, key value drivers, practical treatment patterns and scientific activities within the therapeutic area.
- Develop and execute an external stakeholder management plan in close collaboration and coordination with other functions including HEMAR, Commercial, Global clinical operations, medical information and pharmacovigilance.
- Through scientific interactions, champion the medical value of our products fairly based on the risk-benefit profile of our drugs and contribute to the fostering of innovative approaches.
- Represent the company to other therapeutic area stakeholders including professional associations and patient organisations in cooperation with Medical Advisor(s)/Medical Director
- Recognize and nurture relationships with rising stars within the scientific community.
- Proactive and reactive communication of medical scientific data to Leading Specialists and broader external health-care related audiences:
- Communicate non-promotional general information about our company, including pipeline, research and development programs and other relevant information.
- Respond to unsolicited scientific queries from customers for approved products and products/indications in development, based on Medical Affairs and Medical Information documents.
- Use digital technologies and new media to support proactive and reactive communication.
- Organization and participation in Medical Education activities:
- Identify/support/educate speakers.
- Build Medical Education programs with scientific third parties and scientific steering committees.
- Participation in Advisory Boards in cooperation with Medical Lead/Medical director
- Provision of scientific support to company Sales Representatives
- Provide medical and product training and scientific support to Sales Representatives in coordination with Training Departments as appropriate.
- Act as a reference point for sales representatives for any scientific query, in collaboration with Medical Information as appropriate
- Support Medical Affairs clinical activities' strategy, planning, design and execution in close co-operation with GCO and CROs when applicable.
- Support the set up and follow up of registries and other non-interventional Medical Affairs studies.
- Understand Real World Evidence (RWE) methodologies, identify data needs and opportunities, support protocol development and engage in discussions with customers to help design RWE projects.
- Propose investigators and sites for interventional and non-interventional Medical Affairs studies.
- Support GCO and CROs in site set up, management and issue resolution.
- Contribute to preparation and conduct of investigator meetings, recruitment follow-up and study result presentation.
- Manage investigator proposals for IISs and ensure they are discussed within the Medical Affairs department for decision.
- Support post marketing surveillance and expanded access programs
- Manage field based medical projects.
- Through scientific interactions, gain valuable insights into treatment patterns, and scientific activities in the therapeutic area and provide strategic input to the company Medical Affairs plan/ business decision-making.
Main performance measures (Performance Goals)
- 80% of time is spent in the field.
- Ability to shape the treatment algorithm in the respective TA through Medical education/peer to peer interactions.
- Establishing Janssen as #1 scientific partners to leading specialists
- Establish the value of Janssen brands among the scientific community.
- Education: Pharmacist/Physicians/Dentist
- Experience: Minimum 3 years of experience in a multinational pharmaceutical company,.
- Experience in Hematology is mandated.
- Experience of 2 years as an MSL is an advantage.
- Language: English/Arabic
- Location: covering territories beyond Cairo & Giza
Technical/Functional Skills Required
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Business acumen
- Collaborative attitude and innovative mindset
- Proven indirect leadership and influencing skills
Leadership Behaviors Required
- LIVE OUR CREDO: Puts the needs of Our Credo first, pursues the highest standards of quality, safety, compliance & ethics and Ensures everyday actions contribute to Our Purpose
- CONNECT: Builds internal and external relationships based on respect, collaborates openly across boundaries and acts as a team player.
- SHAPE: Inspires and contributes ideas that challenge thinking, demonstrates resilience and agility to drive and adapt to change.
- Grow : Develops self and others to reach their goals, engages in open & honest conversations and Drives performance by managing energy and taking ownership for outcomes.
For more than 130 years, diversity, equity & inclusion (DEI) have been part of our cultural fabric at Johnson & Johnson and woven into how we do business every day. Our commitment to respect the dignity and diversity of all is embedded in our Credo.
We know that the success of our business depends on having the best talent in a workforce that reflects the diverse markets we serve around the world and an inclusive culture that values different perspectives and life experiences.
That is why we in Egypt are working to create an inclusive environment where diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experiences are valued and each and every one of our people feel that they belong and can reach their potential. No matter who they are.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Johnson & Johnson means “You Belong”!