The purpose of the Country Market Access Manager is to contribute to the overall development and performance of Janssen by securing access to Janssen medicines via the creation of clear payer value stories for a defined therapeutic area. The Market Access Manager is responsible for ensuring competitive market access for Janssen products within a defined therapeutic area and country. The Market Access Manager effectively engages stakeholder to drive access proactivity and shapes the external environment to further recognize the value of pharmaceutical innovation for specific therapeutic areas.
You don’t have to have many years of market access experience or be a health economist, but you do need to leave no stone unturned, to have a solution-oriented approach and collaborate well across different teams and functions.
Key role activities
- To be a constructive, “out-of-the-box” thinking collaborative member of one or more therapeutic area cross-functional team (-s)
- To possess a competitive mindset
- Customize the local country market access plan based on input from the Nordic Market Access Manager and execute the localized approach with cross-functional collaboration to ensure access.
- Execute market access plans, in alignment with Nordic Market Access and cross-functional teams, and in alignment with the Nordic Access Strategy and Pricing guidance.
- Lead Country and therapy area specific business cases for tender and contracting, together with the cross-functional teams.
- Translate payer value story into simple messages, tailored to the target audience from storytelling to use of analytics when delivering presentations, including preparing materials for effective price and reimbursement negotiations for specified products.
- Continuously search for collaboration, funding, and access opportunities with stakeholders by mapping the customer environment within identified TA in order to identify individuals or groups that have high influence.
- Create clarity on the key market access priorities considering the product stage.
- Leverage activities and outcomes and share best practices across countries.
- Interact with stakeholders to raise awareness for pricing and market access opportunities and challenges as well as develop a sense of urgency to formulate solutions that drive system change and positive access to innovation.
- Where required, provide customer level support to account teams to ensure implementation of access programs.
Required knowledge, skills, experience
- Master’s degree in business, economics, health economics, statistics or similar fields as required.
- 2-5 years of work experience in comparable roles preferred.
- Healthcare, pharmaceutical, or similar industry experience preferred.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office required.
- High proficiency in the country-specific language required.
- High proficiency in spoken and written English required.
- Strong networking skills, external as well as internal with an entrepreneurial mindset
- Strong business and scientific acumen
- Great verbal and written presentation and communication skills
- Ability to create an atmosphere of trust and mutual respect both internally and externally.
- “Make it happen” and “roll up the sleeves” mentality, drive and motivation, persistence to achieve goals.
- Seeing the big picture whilst being analytical and detail-oriented
- Strong problem-solving skills to propose innovative yet solid solutions for complex problems.