At Johnson & Johnson, we believe good health is the foundation of vibrant lives, thriving communities and forward progress. That’s why for more than 135 years, we have aimed to keep people well at every age and every stage of life. Today, as the world’s largest and most broadly based healthcare company, we are committed to using our reach and size for good. We strive to improve access and affordability, create healthier communities, and put a healthy mind, body and environment within reach of everyone, everywhere.
Every day, our more than 140,000 employees across the world are blending heart, science and ingenuity to profoundly change the trajectory of health for humanity.
Johnson & Johnson is currently recruiting for a Senior Manager, Health Care Compliance Officer – Robotics and Digital Solutions , based out of the J&J MedTech offices (e.g., Santa Clara, CA, Raritan, NJ, other campus locations may be considered).
Under the direction of the HCCO RAD, the HCC Sr. Manager will be primarily responsible for the implementation and support of programs designed to ensure the Company meets statutory and regulatory requirements relating to health care fraud and abuse; as well as advertising and promotion laws governing the Companies commercial and scientific activities. This position assures the alignment of the Companies HCC activities within the overall organization and reinforces the message that compliance is a Company priority and has access to the resources needed to assure implementation of an effective compliance program.
- The Senior Manager, Health Care Compliance Officer is responsible for the review of marketing strategies and materials, such as field sales aids, informational brochures, public-relations materials, press releases, sales training documents, internal communications, brand business plans, field incentive compensation program, field call plans and medical education programs to facilitate compliant growth and ensure that materials comply with company policies and procedures including the Healthcare Regulatory Guidance Documents for Promotional & Marketing Practices, industry standards and applicable state and federal laws.
- Responsible for ensuring business activities comply with HCC laws, US federal and state regulations and industry standards, and company policies related but not limited to:
- Selling, promotion, and marketing of health care products and services
- Interactions with health care professionals and/or government officials
- Counseling and training business partners on relevant laws and regulations as applicable
- Transactional and compliance reporting
- Perform risk assessment mitigation process and advising Business Management of potential compliance risk areas and recommended action plans.
- Anticipate potential problems and proactively take appropriate steps.
- Oversee the creation of appropriate tracking mechanisms based on problem identification; provide clarity around the ambiguities of the evolving HCC environment.
- Assess compliance-related educational needs, formulate, and facilitate compliance training programs for all employees, agents, affiliated providers, or others working with the Business.
- Ensure accountability for compliance through risk assessment, problem identification, oversight & monitoring, investigation and follow-ups within relevant HCC processes and systems (e.g., CLEAR Cause, MAPs, HIGHBOND, etc.)
- Identifying potential HCC, GCC and privacy risks associated with commercial activities and ensuring involvement of appropriate individuals within HCC, Privacy, and Legal to provide appropriate guidance. In consultation with the Health Care Compliance Officer Director/Sr. Director, Human Resources, and the Law Department, responsible for ensuring there is a mechanism in place for appropriately disciplining instances of non-compliance and ensuring consistency in the application of disciplinary action.
- The Senior Manager, Health Care Compliance Officer will be accountable for communicating company healthcare compliance standards and information updates on new and relevant laws and guidance to Compliance Committee members, key business partners and agencies.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required.
Experience and Skills:
· A minimum of 8 years of business-related experience required.
· 5 years of experience in the healthcare industry with knowledge of Health Care Compliance programs and policies, Federal health care programs, and FDA requirements required.
· Strong knowledge of US federal and local HCC fraud and abuse laws; FDA regulatory promotional practices; anti-bribery/anti-corruption laws (such as FCPA), Industry Codes, state requirements, financial or auditing practices and other relevant and applicable company policies is required.
· Consistent track record of working in a collaborative environment with demonstrated evidence of maintaining relationships and partnerships with peers and business partners.
· Broad business experience and a proven ability to influence business decisions and business partners.
· Demonstrated ability to analyze data and trends, and communicate complex information to all levels of the company required.
· Qualified candidates will have an engaging and personable demeanor; be self-directed, detail-oriented, and motivated; demonstrate a high level of accountability, leadership, and decisiveness and the ability to prioritize, and execute on multiple and frequently changing priorities.
· Knowledge of commercial sales, marketing, and Medical Affairs practices for healthcare products.
· Experience working in a matrix environment to deliver solutions which drive compliant growth.
· Experience working as an HCC or GCC Officer or Manager is preferred.
In accordance with applicable disclosure requirements, the anticipated base pay range for this position is $118,000-$203,550. The Company maintains highly competitive, performance-based compensation programs. Under current guidelines, this position is eligible for an annual performance bonus in accordance with the terms of the applicable plan. The annual performance bonus is a cash bonus intended to provide an incentive to achieve annual targeted results by rewarding for individual and the corporation’s performance over a calendar/performance year. Bonuses are awarded at the Company’s discretion on an individual basis.
Employees may be eligible to participate in Company employee benefit programs such as health insurance, savings plan, pension plan, disability plan, vacation pay, sick time, holiday pay, and work, personal and family time off in accordance with the terms of the applicable plans. For additional general information on Company benefits, please go to: https://www.careers.jnj.com/employee-benefits
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com.