Sr. Director, Global Strategic Marketing Strategy & New Business
Johnson & Johnson MedTech, Vision a member of Johnson & Johnson’s Family of Companies is recruiting for a Sr. Director, GSM Strategy & New Business located in Jacksonville, FL.
Drawing on a century of working alongside clinicians, we are focused on solving the world’s most pressing healthcare challenges through innovation at the intersection of biology and technology.
Always beginning with the unmet needs of patients, we break through barriers to develop and deliver medical technologies that help save lives, change the course of disease, and restore health. Our innovations enable clinicians to reach the hardest-to-reach parts of the body, treat with pinpoint precision, restore anatomy, and reimagine healing and recovery.
Together, we will continue to develop smarter, less invasive, more personalized solutions to tackle the leading causes of mortality and the most complex diseases around the world.
Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for our MedTech and innovative health products. Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees, and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
This position drives the Global Strategic Marketing (GSM) MedTech Vision strategy and new business approach. The role is a critical role responsible for leading GSM new business, competitive intelligence, launch excellence and marketing excellence.
- Facilitating the Strategic Planning Process, through cross-functional collaboration across Vision businesses and alignment with executive teams as well as corporate functions.
- Develop a comprehensive innovation agenda which includes leadership of conducting comprehensive market assessments and defining new business, technology, and product opportunities, as well as sources of growth
- Identify new areas of innovation to drive growth -- includes new products, as well as claims and benefit messaging, business model, packaging, etc.
- Owns pipeline and portfolio strategy including new product index, new product development, claims/messaging delivery, product, and operational readiness stages of launch strategy for the platforms.
- Deliver innovation roadmaps & pipelines for the platforms.
- Leads a broad team responsible for new business, competitive intelligence, marketing excellence and launch excellence.
- Work with lead regions to develop concepts for new product positioning and sets strategic pricing, positioning, including global floor price in partnership with Global Strategic Insights partners.
- Provide guidelines for demand forecasts and assumptions to drive regional business cases.
- Work in partnership with cross-functional team to drive new products through the GNPP stage gate process.
- Develop launch strategy and launch excellence processes in collaboration with cross-functional partners
- Deliver key assets and claims to support launch (product readiness) to Global Brand Lead/Team.
- Owns post-launch results tracking and continuous improvement.
- Own the Business Planning process specifically BP document creation.
- Create a comprehensive communication of the I&P Vision
- Assist the Vice President GSM in all senior management reviews.
- Assist with the Investor Relations Report.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA or equivalent degree strongly preferred
- Ten (10) years of progressive business experience is required. Cross functional experience preferred.
- Marketing experience required.
- Consumer experience preferred.
- Global brand management experience preferred with a proven record of strategic leadership including integrated communications/advertising delivery, new product launches, business plan development, and/or classical strategy/business/marketing training.
- Business development/mergers/acquisitions experience preferred.
- Prior experience working with market research, advertising agencies and agency management is preferred.
- A demonstrated ability to influence cross-functional and senior management to impact decision-making is required as well as a demonstrated record identifying winning consumer insights, growth opportunities, and priorities.
- Prior experience leading teams is required
- Prior experience working with Legal, Regulatory and Global partners is preferred.
At Johnson & Johnson, we are on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through innovative programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional, and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families, and the communities in which we live and work.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career, and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com .]