Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Senior Associate Scientist, Oncology Discovery located in Rockville, MD.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The candidate will join a drug discovery team to develop cutting-edge biologics and small molecules for the treatment of cancer. S/he will work in an exciting/stimulating environment across the different stages of preclinical drug discovery (from target ID to preclinical candidate). Projects will include validation of new targets, characterization of therapeutic agents, and translational research. The candidate will be strongly motivated and dedicated, will show initiative and work independently. Troubleshooting skills are essential. S/he will demonstrate urgency, be organized, have the ability to work well in a team setting, show leadership and be sensitive to timelines. The scientist will effectively and frequently collaborate with colleagues in the oncology department as well as in the medicinal chemistry and antibody development groups, as well as present scientific results to multidisciplinary teams.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Design, perform, interpret, troubleshoot, and report complex data.
- Manage multiple experiments/projects simultaneously.
- Contribute on various projects outside of his/her own, and collaborate with stakeholders from all relevant functions.
- Keep up-to-date in the literature related to his/her field. Act as an expert resource in his/her scientific field and in related disciplines.
- Clear and professional verbal and written communication with excellent presentation skills.
- B.A./B.S. with 8+ years pharmaceutical research experience OR M.S. with 5+ years pharmaceutical research experience.
- Cell/molecular biology skills are required (transfections, transductions, generation of stable and clonal cell lines, western blotting, immunoprecipitation, ELISA, plasmid DNA manipulation, qRT-PCR, siRNA/shRNA, and immunofluorescence).
- Experience with Flow Cytometry is required.
- Ability to perform tissue culture is required, including immortalized cells and tumor cells.
- Strong communication skills are required.
- Drug discovery experience in a biotech or pharmaceutical environment is required (large or small molecules, understanding of drug properties, assay/model development, PK/PD).
- Experience working with immune and/or cell based assays is preferred. (cell proliferation, in vitro cytotoxicity, ADCC, cytokine release, T cell biology, immune cell purification and characterization).
- Experience in the cancer field is preferred.
- Knowledge of pharmacology is preferred.
- Experience in the immunology field is preferred.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.