Abiomed, part of Johnson & Johnson MedTech, is a leading provider of medical devices that provide circulatory and respiratory support, with a mission of recovering hearts & saving lives. Abiomed’s “Patients First!” culture drives our skilled workforce and strong relationships with clinicians. Our innovative product portfolio and robust pipeline provide us the incredible opportunity to bring lifesaving technology to more patients around the world than ever before. Founded in 1981, Abiomed has a proven track record for growth, integrity and innovation.
I Am Abiomed | I Am Heart Recovery | Patients First!
The Per Diem Clinical Educator role is an exciting opportunity to join one of the fastest-growing medical device company. This role first step for nurses and Cardiology or Radiology Techs to join our world class field organization. This part time, non-benefited position will be responsible for providing case support and training to both new accounts and existing accounts within an assigned Franchise/Region.
Franchises in Oklahoma City
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Deliver Impella® training in the ICU, OR, and Cath Lab
· Impella® case support, including on call support
· Round on patients proactively and providing assistance
· Utilize the Clinical Support Service (CSC) as needed for additional support
· Some travel may be needed
· Clinical certification required; BS in Nursing preferred
· 3+ years’ experience with a strong clinical background in the Cardiac ICU/CVICU, CVOR, or Cath Lab (RN, CVT, RT, Cath Lab, ICU or OR); some industry experience, preferred
· Significant experience with Impella® is required (Minimum of 10 cases/patients supported/cared for)
· Can provide at least five days of availability per month
· Ability to work on weekends, nights, holidays as well as weekdays
· Ability to work at other hospitals
The hourly rate for this role is $60/hr. This role is eligible for a competitive variable compensation plan and can be accelerated based off results.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career, and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com .