Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC, a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Therapeutic Area Lead Spravato (Senior Director) within the Medical Affairs (MAF) Neuroscience (NS) US Team located in Titusville, NJ.
At Janssen, we never stop working toward a future where disease is a thing of the past. We’re the Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, and you can count on us to keep working tirelessly to make that future a reality for patients everywhere, by fighting sickness with science, improving access with ingenuity, and healing hopelessness with heart. We focus on areas of medicine where we can make the biggest difference: Cardiovascular & Metabolism, Immunology, Infectious Diseases & Vaccines, Neuroscience, Oncology, and Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension. Visit us: www.janssen.com
- The Therapeutic Area Lead (TAL) Spravato will lead a multifaceted critical function for the operating company by supporting multiple products in the Mood space, reporting directly into the VP, Medical Affairs, Neuroscience. A strong insight into the Mood therapeutic area and knowledge of the US market and competitors is required.
- The TAL will be part of the Medical Affairs Leadership Team.
- The TAL will be an expert in medical affairs strategy development taking strong consideration to competitors and overall customer feedback, and will lead a group of Medical Directors (MDs) and Integrated Evidence Team Leaders (IETLs) to develop overall Medical Affairs strategy for Mood products under his/her supervision with a goal to address medical and scientific issues and to ensure the appropriate use of all relevant Janssen Medical Affairs Neuroscience supported products.
- The TAL will identify and devise strategies to address crucial gaps using critical relationships across Medical Affairs, Global Medical Affairs, R&D, Regulatory, RW V&E (HECOR), CIS, CAC, JSA, Commercial, and others. He/she will lead and effectively partner with relevant Alliance partner companies on those activities when necessary.
- Elevates needs for funding to MA VP and US Franchise President
- Through MDs, IETLs and others will provide medical monitoring and medical oversight for company-sponsored Medical Affairs-led interventional and observational clinical trials.
- Oversees development and implementation of Investigator Initiated Study (IIS) strategy and assesses and supervises IIS conduct with the support of direct reports.
- Oversees development and implementation of Medical Education strategy, including multi-channel approach and CME strategies, and assesses and supervises overall medical education conduct with the support of direct reports.
- Oversees the medical support in the development of compliant promotional materials and the training of product representatives; will adequately and compliantly support Commercial functions.
- Oversees development and implementation of Advisory Board strategy and maintain relationships with external investigators and opinion leaders.
- Ensures development of robust Data Dissemination Plans including manuscripts, abstracts, publications arising from Janssen Medical Affairs studies. Supports multi-channel approach of dissemination as well.
- Supports Regulatory related activities such as the development of product monographs and responses to product inquiries
• MD (Psychiatrist or Neuropsychiatrist) preferred; may consider PhD or NP
• A minimum of 10 years’ experience (including subspeciality training), with experience in a relevant position in pharmaceutical industry is required
• Experience and knowledge in treatment of Neuroscience, Schizophrenia or Mood, drug development, and Medical Affairs required
• Strong track record in developing and implementing clinical research and medical strategies including evaluation of value-oriented research and communication strategies required
• Proven ability to be customer focused and track the environment for clinical/scientific competitors and be change agile to create initiatives/strategies required
• People management experience required
• Approximately 25% travel
The anticipated base pay range for this position is $187,000 - $322,000.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.