DePuy Synthes, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is hiring a Software Test Technical Lead, Tools/Automation, Surgical Robotics to be located in Boston, MA.
DePuy Synthes, part of the Johnson & Johnson MedTech, provides one of the most comprehensive orthopedics portfolios in the world. DePuy Synthes solutions, in specialties including joint reconstruction, trauma, craniomaxillofacial, spinal surgery and sports medicine, are designed to advance patient care while delivering clinical and economic value to health care systems worldwide. For more information, visit www.depuysynthes.com.
The Digital Orthopedic Surgery team is bringing innovation to patient care. We are using robotics and digital tools for surgical teams to increase the performance, precision, and safety of surgical procedures. We are designing an extensible operating room ecosystem to support our surgical products. Our vision is to build a process of continuous improvement through analysis of intra-operative and post-operative surgical data. We are dedicated to improving patient outcomes through the advancement of medical technology.
In this role, you will help the efforts of our surgical robotics software test team to bring to market products of the highest quality and commercial potential by increasing the automation coverage. You are a Software Test Technical lead, with expertise in testing OTSS and internal developed tools. Has experience in Python and developing Automation test infrastructure, writing scripts to automate existing process for testing the robotic systems for medical applications. This individual is authority in the field of Tool Validation and Test Automation and should be able to mentor junior members of the team. We are looking for a candidate who can work with minimum mentorship and function well within a team, and is flexible, self-motivated, curious, and passionate about revolutionizing the world of medical robotics.
- Leading risk-based approach to OTSS and internal SW tool validation
- Streamline test tool validation and maintenance procedures across multiple medical devices.
- Collaborate extensively with development team and software quality teams, in developing software requirements, supporting test execution.
- Strategically lead and tactically lead the test team for test tool validation, test automation and software.
- Analyze architecture and designs to identify test automation strategies to provide full test coverage for new and/or existing features. Identify and articulate gaps in architecture or design.
- Proficiency with DevOps tools and practices and consistent track record to align quality engineering strategy with automation efforts.
- Hands-on experience designing and implementing automation for robotic systems.
- BS Degree, Computer Science or Computer Engineering preferred
- 10+ years of experience in a leading SW Verification and Validation activities
- Best practices for risk-based GxP and SW tools validation
- Coding skills in Python, C++, SQL
- Experience automating Frontend, Backend application and Embedded systems
- Working knowledge of Part 820 QSR, ISO 13485, Medical Device Directive
- Experience working within a regulated environment
- Experience working with and communicating ideas effectively in a multi-functional team of mechanical, software, and system engineers
- Experience with test automation in CI/CD pipelines
- Understanding of different development methodologies for automation such as Test Driven Development, Behavioral Driven Development, and data-driven
- Ability to design and develop automation test cases using different automation frameworks. e.g. Squish, Robot Framework
- Proficiency in pipeline automation/Source Code Repositories like Bitbucket, GitHub and Jenkins
- Excellent attention to details
- Strong hands-on experience working with robots, controllers, vision, safety networks, servo, I/O, integration and instrumentations
- 2+ years working with GIT revision control and software development methodologies
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.