Biosense Webster is recruiting for a(n) R&D Engineer Intern , located in Irvine, CA .
Atrial fibrillation (AFIB) is a quivering or irregular heartbeat (arrhythmia) that can lead to blood clots, stroke, heart failure and other heart-related complications. 20 million people around the world suffer from AFIB each year.
Biosense Webster, Inc. is the global leader in the science of diagnosing and treating heart rhythm disorders. The company established its leadership in electrophysiology with the development of the first real-time, 3D cardiac mapping and navigation technology, as well as the first electrophysiology catheter. The introduction of the company’s CARTO® 3 System in 2009 revolutionized 3D mapping technology by increasing the accuracy, speed, and efficiency of the cardiac ablation procedure.
The Research & Development Engineer Intern will be supporting project teams in the development of electrophysiology catheters and systems at Biosense Webster. Project support includes overall design, requirement development, design for manufacturing, test method development, and product verification and validation testing.
- Have the opportunity to use state of the art tools and take advantage of training and development opportunities offered on-site.
- Be assigned to a technology group to support new product development or lifecycle product management with focus on engineering activities such as product design, reliability, risk management, analytics/statistical techniques, requirements management, product specifications, test method, verification & validation, design control.
- Be paired with an experienced engineer for mentorship and support.
- Responsible for ensuring personal and company compliance with all Federal, State, local and company regulations, policies and procedures for Health, Safety and Environmental compliance.
The anticipated base pay for this position is between $24.00 and $32.00, but will be based on candidate’s program year, discipline, degree and/or experience
- You are expected to be enrolled in an accredited college/institution pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree (e.g., BS, MS) in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering , or related field.
- Possess previous co-op, internship or work experience and demonstrated leadership/participation in campus programs and/or community service activities is preferred.
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 is also strongly preferred.
- Have reliable transportation to/from the worksite during the internship.
- Authorization to work in the United States and not require sponsorship in the future.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.