Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing creative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. We touch the lives of over a billion people every single day.
Are you ready to impact the world?
If you want to leave your personal mark and be valued for who you are, Johnson & Johnson offers an unusual experience to professionals looking for an opportunity to work with hardworking people who share your real passion for caring in an environment that empowers you to drive your own career.
Ethicon is recruiting for a Manager, Embedded Visualization Development, located in Cincinnati, Ohio.
Ethicon, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, has made meaningful contributions to surgery for more than 60 years from building the first sutures, to revolutionizing surgery with minimally invasive procedures. Our continuing dedication to Shape the Future of Surgery is built on our dedication to help address the world's most pressing health care issues and improve and save more lives. Through Ethicon's surgical technologies and solutions including sutures, staplers, energy devices, trocars and hemostats and our dedication to treat serious medical conditions like obesity and cancer worldwide, we deliver innovation to make a life-changing impact. For more information, visit www.ethicon.com.
The Manager, Embedded Visualization Development is an important team member for our Advanced Imaging product pipeline, leading and conducting a wide range of assignments in collaboration with the team. This represents an excellent opportunity if you are excited by building transformational surgical capabilities and working in a multi-functional environment.
- Plan, develop, and test embedded software and firmware solutions for laparoscopic visualization and advanced imaging products and concepts.
- Lead a team of 5-10 developers (direct reports, indirect reports and external contractors).
- Organize, plan, prioritize and monitor development tasks for the team.
- Constantly develop and improve strategies to efficiently work in an Agile environment.
- Develop technical requirements and architecture, collaborating with internal and external team members, that will support not just a product but a platform for long-term growth.
- Execute subsystem technical strategies and influence internal multi-functional teams to execute feasibility and product development efforts.
- Collaborate with external technology companies to integrate advanced imaging technologies into proprietary visualization platforms.
- Establish and maintain strong, productive relationships and collaborations across internal, external, and partner organizations.
- Conducting and/or participating in technical design reviews of requirements, specifications, designs, etc.
- Contribute to all aspects of design control activities throughout the product lifecycle
· A BS in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related subject area is required. An advanced degree is preferred.
· Three years or more of people leadership (inclusive of direct /indirect reports) experience is required.
- Five years or more of designing and developing software in a regulated industry is required.
- Previous software experience in medical industry is required.
- Solid understanding of SDLC and Agile methodologies is required.
- Proficiency with C/C++ developing multi-threaded applications and Object Oriented programming is required.
- Knowledge of FDA guidelines for development of software for medical device as well as international standards for medical device development such as IEC-62304, ISO-14971, ISO-13485 is required.
- Experience with software verification and validation processes is required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Direct experience releasing medical device software into domestic and international markets is highly beneficial.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple parallel software projects is highly desired.
- Experience defining and driving a Software Architecture roadmap to sustain mid-term to long-term technical growth is an asset.
- Experience developing with Linux, Qt/QML, DDS, Device Drivers, Bare-metal programming, HW integration is advantageous.
- Experience with tools such as Jira, Jama, Artifactory and CI/CD environments is preferred.
- Ability to influence at all levels is critically important.
- Domestic and international travel of up to 10%
The anticipated salary range for this position if $113,000 to $195,500
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want to be part of something great?
Don't forget to apply. We want you!
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com