Johnson and Johnson Medical Device Companies is recruiting for a Medical Affairs Director, Ethicon located in Markham, Ontario.
The Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies have been working to make surgery better for more than a century. With substantial breadth and depth in surgical technologies, orthopedic and interventional solutions, we aspire to improve and enhance medical care for people worldwide. Together, we are working to shape the future of health through differentiated products and services .
Ethicon , part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, has made significant contributions to surgery for more than 60 years from creating the first sutures, to revolutionizing surgery with minimally invasive procedures. Our continuing dedication to Shape the Future of Surgery is built on our commitment to help address the world's most pressing health care issues and improve and save more lives. Through Ethicon's surgical technologies and solutions including sutures, staplers, energy devices, trocars and hemostats and our commitment to treat serious medical conditions like obesity and cancer worldwide, we deliver innovation to make a life-changing impact. For more information, visit www.ethicon.com .
As a key member of the Ethicon Franchise, the Medical Affairs Director, Ethicon will be responsible for providing high-level, evidenced-based medical leadership that supports Ethicon’s product portfolio and drives growth across our brands.
This Medical Affairs Director will provide highly scientific medical and clinical expertise to internal and external stakeholders in support of the strategic development of the franchise, including critical analyses of scientific data, performing literature reviews, and developing high-quality, compliant scientific materials. This individual will also respond to medical information requests and provide strategic input on long-term product opportunities and portfolio strategies.
Working closely with the Health Economics and Market Access (HEMA) team, the Medical Affairs Director will support integrated evidence generation and dissemination strategies that support product approvals, claims development, and product adoption and lifecycle management. Additionally, this individual will establish and maintain relationships externally with key customers and stakeholders to anticipate industry trends, and understand clinical/medical insights, unmet medical needs and global standards of care to deliver quality products/solutions.
This individual may directly manage one associate to support the franchise team's objectives.
If you are a driven, innovative individual with a strong background in medical science and surgical care, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity to join our team and make a meaningful impact in the lives of patients around the world.
· Required Minimum Education - Advanced Scientific Degree – Relevant scientific or medical field. MD/Ph.D. PharmD preferred
· A minimum of 6-8 years of experience in clinical, medical affairs or related technical experience with 4-6 years of industry/academic research experience preferred.
· Proven track record of scientific achievements and project influence
· Strong understanding of the Franchise products, clinical and medical strategies to provide strategic input to publication planning, evidence generation and dissemination strategies
· Strong understanding of the MedTech regulatory environment as well as industry standards on scientific communication and publication development
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships with key healthcare stakeholders
· Ability to understand, interpret and communicate complex scientific and medical information to diverse audiences
· Demonstrated cross-functional team leadership required
· Flexible self-starter with excellent networking and team building capabilities required
· Advanced project management skills and demonstration of competencies for creativity, problem-solving, and innovative solutions required
· Ability to balance multiple and complex tasks and work effectively in a matrixed, fast-paced environment
· 25% Travel combined Domestically and Internationally
· Required Years of People Management Experience: Minimum of 3-5 years
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com .
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability
Eligible for benefits to include medical, dental, vision and time off as well as any others as provided for in the applicable Collective Bargaining Agreement.
For additional general information on company benefits, please go to: - https://www.careers.jnj.com/employee-benefits