Abiomed, part of Johnson & Johnson MedTech is recruiting for a Maintenance Technician I located in Danvers, MA.
Abiomed, part of Johnson & Johnson MedTech, is a leading provider of medical devices that provide circulatory and respiratory support, with a mission of recovering hearts & saving lives. Abiomed's "Patients First!" culture drives our skilled workforce and strong relationships with clinicians. Our innovative product portfolio and robust pipeline provide us the incredible opportunity to bring lifesaving technology to more patients around the world than ever before. Founded in 1981, Abiomed has a proven track record for growth, integrity and innovation.
At Johnson & Johnson MedTech, we unleash diverse healthcare expertise, purposeful technology, and a passion for people to transform the future of medical intervention and empower everyone to live their best life possible.
For more than a century, we have driven breakthrough scientific innovation to address unmet needs and reimagine health. In surgery, orthopedics, vision, and interventional solutions, we continue to help save lives and create a future where healthcare solutions are smarter, less invasive, and more personalized.
I Am Abiomed | I Am Heart Recovery | Patients First!
The Maintenance Technician I will perform routine and preventive maintenance as directed by their manager to ensure the quality, appearance and safety of the Abiomed headquarters facility and product.
- Provide routine preventative maintenance to maintain and improve the quality and appearance of the work environment
- Analyze, troubleshoot and repair standard equipment as judgment or necessity dictates
- Be cognizant of all chemical spills and follow-up of disposal and cleanup
- Ensure all safety requirements of the company are implemented in accordance with rules and regulations of the Safety Officer
- Breakdown and restructure of office workstations
- Will be required to be on-call 24/7 to provide emergency response to the facility during absence of Manager of Facilities, and on-call responsibility is required every other weekend
- High School graduate or equivalent experience required
- 1+ years of related experience in facility maintenance management required
- Excellent communication & customer service skills are required
- The ability to read, write and speak English and utilize basic math skills is required
- Successful candidate must be able to execute tasks in a timely matter, under supervision
- Qualified candidates must be able to withstand heights of up to 65 feet and must be able to lift a minimum of 35 pounds
- Strong familiarity of building codes and regulations, as well as familiarity with building trade groups and work rules is preferred
- Good working knowledge of HVAC systems and clean room controls preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite. Working knowledge of SAP desired
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com .