Johnson & Johnson is recruiting for a Lead Engineer located in Raritan, NJ, all J&J locations, or can be located remotely.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world!
Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. The more than 265+ Johnson & Johnson operating companies employ approximately 126,500 people in 60 countries throughout the world.
If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer, we thrive with a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees, committed to inclusion!
The Lead Engineer will lead a squad of engineers to design, develop, configure, maintain and test Manufacturing Execution Systems solutions, translating business needs into a solution build in Siemens Opcenter.
The Solution Lead will be responsible for:
- Lead squad engineers to build and maintain software, translating user stories from the backlog into a working solution, using modern design patens and architectural principles.
- Drive testing and deployment of Opcenter software solutions, including sufficient automated testing to ensure solution quality.
- Work with other Lead Engineers and squad members to manage risks and solve, escalate, and track cross-squad dependencies and impediments.
- Mentor and coach other technical team members of the squad on best practices/principles.
- Support Product Owner in defining stories and acceptance criteria that are comprehensive and actionable.
- Evaluate vendor proposals, challenging costs and time estimates, and ensuring design and architecture fit.
- Minimum BS/BA in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
Experience and Skills:
- 4 years’ experience supporting Supply Chain/Manufacturing Systems required.
- Hands-on experience in Siemens Opcenter is required.
- Experience gathering requirements and translating into a product vision through deep expertise in development and engineering.
- Understanding and experience in solution delivery, including planning, dependency management, change control, compliance and delivery execution and governance.
- Experience in application development, testing, and support based on SDLC methodology is required.
- Experience in project management and delivery with benefits delivered as committed preferred.
- Experience in GxP systems, Computer System Validation and consistent track record in the support of FDA regulated systems and business preferred.
- Ability to operate effectively with all parts of the J&J business and JJT organization as well as management of relationships with vendor partners is required.
- Strong interpersonal skills required. Excellent communication, networking, and influencing skills including the ability to manage across all management and organizational levels.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com .
Anticipated Salary Range: $88,000- $124,000
The Company maintains highly competitive, performance-based compensation programs. Under current guidelines, this position is eligible for an annual performance bonus in accordance with the terms of the applicable plan. The annual performance bonus is a cash bonus intended to provide an incentive to achieve annual targeted results by rewarding for individual and the corporation’s performance over a calendar/performance year. Bonuses are awarded at the Company’s discretion on an individual basis.