Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc. is recruiting for a Risk & Compliance Lead, located in New Brunswick, NJ.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $93.8 billion in 2021 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
Global Services Risk & Compliance Team will complete activities ensuring J&J processes and systems comply with external regulations, industry standards. The role is primarily concentrated on regulatory compliance and risks such as, 3rd party risks, anti-corruption, anti-bribery, sanctions, payment controls, trade compliance, and other risks and compliance services. This role ensures compliance is being met across the regional processes in Global Services in line with our global strategy and in supported business units and corporate functions (Procurement, Finance). Integral parts of the role include sophisticated data analyses, risk assessments, preparation of presentations and reports for all levels of management, project management for global projects, and active communication with various business partners including senior business leaders.
This role will report to a Global Services Risk & Compliance Senior Manager who is responsible for this area for the Americas region.
- Support Risk & Compliance team to ensure timely implementation of compliance program and risk assessments for sanctions, anti-corruption, anti-bribery
- Monitoring of regulatory and operational compliance for J&J Global Services (processes, systems, operations)
- Identification, analysis and mitigation of risks in the dedicated areas
- Conduct sophisticated analyses to support risk assessments including data quality validation and database reconciliation
- Collaborate with business partners and other risk and compliance functions (Procurement/Accounts Payable, Finance, Internal Audit, Legal, Health Care Compliance, Global Trade, etc.) to address relevant risks and improve compliance
- Maintain compliance procedures to ensure appropriate internal controls for compliance with regulatory requirements and standard methodologies
- Supervise and communicate compliance across the service delivery landscape to ensure compliance requirements are understood, required compliance activities are completed, and any corrective actions or risk mitigation activities are implemented
- Drive awareness across Global Services; support risk-intelligent decision making
- Conduct internal reviews to ensure that implemented controls are effective and compliance procedures are followed
- Support internal and external audits in the dedicated area; work closely with the auditors and auditees, provide appropriate support and documentation
- Ensure that policies and procedures are aligned with regulatory and corporate compliance requirements
- Ensure that technology platforms are evaluated and align with relevant external/internal requirements
- Lead one or more project areas globally and coordinate across regions and partners – support global process owner in defining compliance strategy, specify and embed controls into the processes to meet regulatory and risk mitigation requirements
- Coordinate other regions to ensure global harmonization and continuous improvement of compliance efforts
- A Bachelor’s Degree is required
- Minimum 4 years of relevant professional experience, preferably in Compliance, Audit, Risk Management, Sanctions or Third Party Risk is required
Experience and Skills:
- Understanding of risks, controls and compliance requirements in a global environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Ability to present and interact with the highest level of business leaders and build strong business partnerships
- Ability to engage with colleagues, analyze issues and develop solutions
- Ability to analyze large data sets, perform data quality checks, reconciliation and prepare relevant reports
- Ability to prepare project plans, optimally execute them and deliver results
- Strong collaborative, interpersonal and leadership skills with the ability to influence business partners to achieve goals
- Fast learner, committed and able to work independently
- Work optimally in a fast-paced environment, balance multiple projects, and daily planned and unplanned operational activities
- In-depth knowledge of Accounts Payable and Procurement processes, systems, risks and controls strongly preferred
- Experience with ERP (e.g. SAP) and case management tools is an advantage
- Ability to work in multinational cross-functional environment and adapt to global setting (experience working in global roles is preferred)
- Willingness to travel, mostly internationally (approximately 10%)
The base pay range for this position is $88,000 - $142,600
The Company maintains highly competitive, performance-based compensation programs. Under current guidelines, this position is eligible for an annual performance bonus in accordance with the terms of the applicable plan. The annual performance bonus is a cash bonus intended to provide an incentive to achieve annual targeted results by rewarding for individual and the corporation’s performance over a calendar/ performance year. Bonuses are awarded at the Company’s discretion on an individual basis.
Employees may be eligible to participate in Company employee benefit programs such as health insurance, savings plan, pension plan, disability plan, vacation pay, sick time, holiday pay, and work, personal and family time off in accordance with the terms of the applicable plans. For additional general information on company benefits, please go to: - https://www.careers.jnj.com/employee-benefits
The compensation and benefits information set forth in this posting applies to candidates hired in the United States. Candidates hired outside the United States will be eligible for compensation and benefits in accordance with their local market.
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional, and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.