Janssen Research & Development LLC, a Johnson & Johnson company, is recruiting for a Postdoctoral Scientist - AI/ML for Image Analysis , to help advance in Drug Discovery. The primary location for this position is Beerse, Belgium, but exceptionally skilled candidates may be considered for remote work from anywhere in the world, with up to 10% travel.
At Janssen, we are working to create a world without disease—transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research & Development, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
The Data Science Analytics & Insights team within Janssen R&D develops innovative solutions using a variety of data sources across multiple different disease areas, encompassing oncology, cardiovascular and metabolic disorders, immunology, neuroscience, and infectious disease. We are looking for a highly motivated and innovative Postdoctoral Fellow who will work at the intersection of AI/ML, image analysis, and drug discovery.
- Conceive, develop, and implement AI/ML solutions to analyze large scale imaging data (e.g. high content imaging, cryogenic electron microscopy, tissue imaging, medical imaging, RGB data etc) applied to therapeutics / drug discovery
- Work closely with a cross disciplinary team of AI/ML scientists, imaging experts, structural biologists, and computational chemists to design and implement computational approaches, analyze and interpret results, and communicate findings through internal presentations, conferences and scientific publications.
- Participate in cross-functional collaborations with external companies, academia, and internal scientific and data science teams.
- Clearly articulate highly technical methods and results to diverse audiences and partners to drive decision-making findings through peer-reviewed publications and/or scientific conferences
- Ph.D. in EE/CS/Statistics/Applied math or related majors
Experience and Skills:
- Strong background in artificial intelligence / machine Learning with an established publication record on deep learning technologies
- Proficiency with one or more programming languages such as Python or C++
- Extensive experience with computer vision applications, including, but not limited to, object detection and classification, image segmentation and registration, motion tracking, and reconstruction.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Familiarity with and exposure to drug discovery and clinical development processes is a plus.
- Hands-on technical data analysis, cloud computing (AWS, Azure), and dockerization is a plus.
- Gain experience working in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Navigate and work within a matrix environment.
- Communication and presentation skills to clearly articulate results and impact to diverse audiences and partners through internal presentations, conferences, and scientific publications.
US/PR ONLY : For U.S. applicants, in accordance with applicable disclosure requirements, the anticipated base pay is $90,000 per annum.
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com .
For additional general information on company benefits, please go to: