Ethicon LLC, a member of Johnson & Johnson families of companies, is recruiting a Technical Operations Senior Engineer located in San Lorenzo, PR.
Ethicon, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, has made significant contributions to surgery for more than 60 years from creating the first sutures, to revolutionizing surgery with minimally invasive procedures. Our continuing dedication to Shape the Future of Surgery is built on our commitment to help address the world's most pressing health care issues and improve and save more lives. Through Ethicon's surgical technologies and solutions including sutures, staplers, energy devices, trocars and hemostats and our commitment to treat serious medical conditions like obesity and cancer worldwide, we deliver innovation to make a life-changing impact. For more information, visit www.ethicon.com .
The Technical Operations Senior Engineer lead and implement projects and/or programs of moderate to high level complexity ensuring safety, regulatory compliance, company standards, operation requirements and business needs. Also, is responsible for the optimization of process output and efficiency, equipment utilization, equipment downtime, waste reduction/yield improvements, budget management, standard cost and capital investment management in an innovative manner.
Are you interested in joining a diverse team delivering outstanding results to our customers? Apply now for this exciting opportunity!
- Provide project management mentorship and business tools, using a detailed approach to project execution. Prepare management reports, presentations and effective project planning and structure.
- Lead the technical support to the Production areas in evaluating process deficiencies, process changes, modifications and equipment failure.
- Provide technical support for Non-conformance issues in the manufacturing area generating root cause analysis reports and corrective action identification.
- Revise and maintain engineering, equipment’s and process procedure.
- Participates in GMP audits regarding equipment recording and machine performance.
- Coordinate communications within end users and machine manufacturers or suppliers.
- Prepare project estimates for design, equipment, installation, labor, materials and other related costs.
- Lead and mentor the different activities from the Engineering Technical team assigned.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree is required. Focus degree in Engineering or related field is preferred.
Experience and Skills:
- A minimum of 4 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment developing manufacturing standards.
- Proficiency in analyzing general business periodicals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Knowledge in developing reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Advance digital literacy and use of software application(s). Strong computer background (MS Office, MS Project Management, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Work experience in process or maintenance engineering in a Medical devices environment.
- Ability to shift priorities according to changes in department/facility needs and be open to different ideas/approaches.
- Ability to speak effectively, present information and respond to questions from employees, managers and internal customers.
- Experience and/or knowledge in project management.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills is required.
- Fully Bilingual (English and Spanish, oral and written) is required.
- This position may require up to 10% travel for domestic and/or international travel.
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com .