Johnson & Johnson is currently recruiting for a Senior Backup Recoverability Engineer in Raritan, NJ to focus on developing and running end-to-end processes (automated where it makes sense), procedures and capabilities to backup and restore system data for applications used in Johnson & Johnson’s IT environment. The anticipated pay range for this role is $97,000-$166,750
The Backup Recovery Engineers focus will be to align platform and technical strategies with business vision and objectives through research, design, and architecture of new technologies. The Backup Recovery Engineer will also ensure the stability, integrity and efficient operation of enterprise backup systems, and monitor, maintain and optimize all system operations in a hybrid-cloud environment. This candidate would be a self-starter, motivated, and driven by results and to learn new things while supplying to the team.
- Supplying the design, engineering, and implementation of systems infrastructure.
- Maintaining operating systems and related software related to Backup and Recovery (B/R) environment.
- Leading enterprise systems environment related to Backup and Restore.
- Acting as a Level 3 (L3) Subject Matter Authority and resolving problems in the B/R environment.
- Collaborating with internal and external auditors as required.
- Coordinating with global operations teams (e.g. Linux/Windows/Database, SAP) to restore and recover data as needed,
- Evaluating & observing industry trends for in support of continuous improvement of recoverability capabilities
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent is required
Experience and Skills:
- Applying superb communication, analytical and problem-solving skills to identify, communicate and resolve issues.
- Strong analytical skills with a good background in data recovery, DR, on-premises as well as cloud (AWS, AZR, GCP)
- Ability to collaborate well is important as this role is global and you will need to liaison with folks across different time zones.
- Ability to work with and provide direction to vendors and consultants.
- Applicant should be self-motivated and able to work independently as well as in a team setting.
- Applicant should demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills, is able to learn new technologies quickly and efficiently and can meet timelines
- A demonstrable understanding of standard methodologies.
- Experience tracking and evaluating third party vendors (e.g., Commvault, Rubrik, Veritas) and the tools they deliver to support enterprise class backup and recovery environments.
- A thorough understanding of “immutable” data stores to protect enterprise data against ransomware cyber-attacks.
- Backup administration experience with Veritas Net-backup 8.x, 9.x, or 10.
- 5-7 years EMC Data Domain administration hardware and cloud systems required
- A consistent track record in installing, configuring, and administering Veritas NetBackup
- A validated experience using DR orchestration tools such as VMware’s Site Recovery Manager (SRM)
- Prior experience in supporting global operations and following Enterprise level process frameworks
- Independent judgment and technical problem solving, decision-making
- Any experience deploying and running Rubrik backup tools.
- A consistent record in VMware virtualization platforms
- Experience leading backup/restore/DR in AWS or MS Azure
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through innovative programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional and financial support of our employees and the ones they love. As such, applicant offered employment must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support their families and the communities in which we live and work.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against the basis of disability.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com .
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.