Senior Manager, Medical Writing
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, pulmonary hypertension, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases.
We are recruiting for a Senior Manager to join the Medical Writing team to support our immunology or oncology therapeutic areas. This is an individual contributor position (no direct reports). The position may be located in UK, Netherlands, Belgium, Switzerland, Germany, Spain, France, Canada or US. This is a global role and is open to other countries. Remote work options may be considered on a case-by-case basis and if approved by the company. Candidates selected for interview may be considered for equivalent role in another therapeutic area. Are you ready to join our team? Then please read further!
- Prepare and finalize all types of clinical documents, taking a lead role in terms of content and scientific strategy.
- Lead in a team environment. Work with a high level of independence and take a lead role on assigned projects with respect to timing, scheduling, and tracking.
- Directly lead or set objectives for others on team projects and tasks, eg, expected to lead process working groups.
- Guide or train cross-functional team members on processes, best practices; coach or mentor more junior writers.
- Lead project-level/submission/indication writing teams with minimal supervision.
- Proactively provide recommendations for departmental process improvements.
- If a lead writer for a program: Primary point of contact and champion for medical writing activities for the clinical team. Responsible for planning and leading the writing group for assigned program.
- Actively participate in medical writing and cross-functional meetings as appropriate.
- Maintain and disseminate knowledge of industry, company, and regulatory guidelines.
- Coach or mentor more junior staff on document planning, processes, content, and provide peer review as needed. You may lead the work of other medical writers, external contractors, and document specialists supporting a project.
- Interact with senior cross-functional colleagues to strengthen coordination between departments.
- May represent Medical Writing department in industry standards working groups.
University/college degree required. Masters or PhD preferred.
Experience and Skills:
We would value a colleague with these qualities:
- At least 10 years of relevant pharmaceutical/scientific experience; at least 8 years of relevant medical writing experience is required.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong oral and written communication skills are pivotal to engage in cross-functional discussions.
- Expert project management skills, strong project/process leadership.
- Ability to recognize how to best interpret, summarize, and present statistical and medical information to ensure quality and accuracy of content.
- Able to resolve complex problems independently.
- Demonstrate learning agility.
- Able to build and maintain solid and positive relationships with cross‐functional team members.
- Strong leadership skills, both in time management as well as in project/process management.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
The anticipated base pay range for this position is $111,000 to $223,000.
The Company maintains highly competitive, performance-based compensation programs. Under current guidelines, this position is eligible for an annual performance bonus in accordance with the terms of the applicable plan. The annual performance bonus is a cash bonus intended to provide an incentive to achieve annual targeted results by rewarding for individual and the corporation’s performance over a calendar/ performance year. Bonuses are awarded at the Company’s discretion on an individual basis.
Employees and/or eligible dependents may be eligible to participate in the following Company sponsored employee benefit programs: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, business accident insurance, and group legal insurance.
Employees may be eligible to participate in the Company’s consolidated retirement plan (pension) and savings plan (401(k)). Employees are eligible for the following time off benefits:
- Vacation - up to 120 hours per calendar year
- Sick time - up to 40 hours per calendar year; for employees who reside in the State of Washington - up to 56 hours per calendar year
- Holiday pay, including Floating Holidays - up to 13 days per calendar year
- Work, Personal and Family Time - up to 40 hours per calendar year
For additional general information on company benefits, please go to: https://www.careers.jnj.com/employee-benefits
- The compensation and benefits information set forth in this posting applies to candidates hired in the United States. Candidates hired outside the United States will be eligible for compensation and benefits in accordance with their local market.