MEDICAL SCIENCE LIAISION (HEMATOLOGY)
Location: Czech Republic
Contract: full time
Johnson and Johnson is recruiting for a Medical Science Liaison located in the Czech Republic (sponsible for the whole country).
MSL would provide scientific / medical support to internal and external customers in response to clinical interest from stakeholders. He/she would deliver the sharing of knowledge to internal stakeholders e.g. through provision of training to help to ensure highest standards of brand/therapy expertise in customer facing teams, provide insights to the CZ/SK MAF team to help optimise brand/therapy medical strategy.
- Respond appropriately to unsolicited requests for information and/or data
- Meet with customers and researchers on a regular basis through meetings, conference etc. to /
- Gather information and insights on therapy area (incl. Competitor landscape) and their medical and scientific needs
- Exchange disease area knowledge and opinions in order to understand the emerging opinions
- Increase the customers understanding of Janssen products and processes (eg. clinical data, IIS, clinical trials, compliance processes), according to their expressed interests and needs and to seek their advice on the development of our products
- Manage and maintain positive relationship with Key Opinion Leaders
- Identify Key Opinion Leaders and their areas of clinical/scientific expertise
- To be the point of contact for investigators proposing investigator initiated studies (IIS) and manage such studies in collaboration with GCO
- Develop educational items (e.g. presentations) and deliver training for the business e.g new starters, on an ongoing basis
- Meet with the Global Trial Managers within Global Clinical Operations, Medical Affairs as required to Provide all relevant information from potential investigators on IIS studies
- Discuss the status of company studies and IISs in order to identify new opportunities for collaboration with HCPs
- Address any issues with ongoing studies
- Share best practices
- Understand emerging data and publications from the studies and how this might support stakeholder needs (also network with EMEA Scientific Knowledge Management)
- Assist GCO with the identification of, and communication with, potential trial sites and investigators for company-sponsored trials
- Work closely with the relevant Medical Manager to develop ideas and content for medical education events and review such content
- Maintain awareness of all relevant local country specific differences, for example applicability of the EFPIA Code of Practice in the CZ and the potential impact these differences may have on marketing a product, performing a clinical trial in CZ or holding an educational event there
- Assist line manager with other general medical affairs and medical education projects as appropriate
- Consult to the Key Account Specialist team, for example by helping them to manage individual issues they may be facing, as well as by enhancing their understanding and application of company processes (eg. Med.Ed. process)
- Actively engage with all internal and external stakeholders to ensure compliance with the necessary Codes of Practice and Laws governing the promotion and sale of medicines within the Czech Republic
- Review of materials submitted for copy (medical / legal) approval as per the locally agreed process
Therapy Area Knowledge
- Conduct literature searches, analyse clinical papers, attend conferences, courses and other such events to be aware of the latest scientific and clinical advances in relevant therapy areas
- Attend courses and industry meetings, read industry publications and discuss therapy area with colleagues to keep up to date with developments within the pharmaceutical industry and pharmaceutical medicine
- Monitor competitor promotional and scientific activities to understand their ongoing strategies, as well as to assess their compliance with the Code of Practice
- MAF budget
- Fulfill other tasks or duties set by direct manager
- University / Bachelors Degree or Equivalent in Medical Science (M.D.), Pharmacology, Veterinary Medicine, Nature Science
Experience and Skills:
- Good English and Czech knowledge in speaking, reading and writing
- Driving license type B
- Team worker with good communication skills
This is what awaits YOU at J&J:
- An opportunity to be part of a global market leader.
- A dynamic and inspiring working environment.
- Many opportunities to work on challenging projects and assignments.
- Possibilities for further personal as well as professional development.
- Many employee benefits.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, or national origin and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.