Janssen Supply Group, LLC, part of Janssen Supply Chain (JSC), is recruiting for a Senior Staff Process Engineer, to be located in Horsham, PA, Cork, Ireland, Schaffhausen, Switzerland, or Leiden, Netherlands.
Remote work options will be considered for this position.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
We, the Janssen Supply Group, LLC are a part of Janssen Supply Chain, a global organization responsible for supplying medicines to markets around the world. With Quality as our primary focus, our group strives to provide access and affordability through innovation and strong collaboration with our R&D and Commercial partners to deliver life changing solutions for patients in need. JSC Global Planning’s mission is to “Ensure reliable product availability to our patients by applying leading planning processes across the supply chain”
Serve as Process Engineering Authority to develop business based technology solutions and provide integrated equipment, utility, and facility engineering expertise with an operational focus to support execution of manufacturing projects, driving ‘right first time’ start up and execution for strategic and key projects
- Provides technical interpretation and expertise, ensures alignment to policies, procedures, government regulations, standard processes, and customer specifications.
- Explore and understand Technology and Manufacturing challenges and synthesize business needs, manufacturing requirements, engineering elements, and technology inputs, etc. into business solutions.
- Provide strong technical leadership and expertise for technology transfers and new technology development projects.
- Provides technical support and execution of EHS&S policies and procedures
- Provides process design and engineering guidance for equipment and processes.
- Train and mentor technical community personnel to ensure Process Fit to Plant methodology and practices are ingrained into the execution of all projects and consistently used by the technical community.
- Develop new and continuously improve the Process Fit to Plant practices.
- Develop and maintain the PF2P Wikipedia website/platform and support knowledge management development with the project teams and technical community through application of the wiki and gathering of lessons learned, examples, and standard processes.
- Coordinate with Technical Operations group to ensure alignment on technical standards and project execution for technical transfer projects/NPI
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational seminars and trade shows, reviewing professional publications and analyzing new trends.
- Provide technical expertise and support to perform due diligence activities for license and acquisition projects; for network strategy and technology strategy projects.
- Provide technical leadership of multi-functional teams on many projects/ process improvements and resolves inter-functional issues.
- Track record of successful program execution and team outcomes.
- Leverages internal and external expertise to drive innovative solutions to meet program goals on global level.
- Technical depth – passionate and broad based
- Business and Financial – high interest and understanding
- Operations – high interest and practical
- Data analytics – high interest and desire for understanding
- Quality – high interest and understanding
- Creativity, Fixing, Intellectual Curiosity and Challenging.
External and internal interactions:
- High degree of collaboration with internal (manufacturing, quality, engineering) to develop standards and define project needs and priorities; as well as recruiting project team members.
- Extensive interaction with external partners (A&E Firms and construction firms, consulting firms) to remove barriers, clarify roles and responsibilities, and coordinate and implement project plans. The incumbent should demonstrate the following: detail and goal oriented, team work, customer-focus, thorough understanding of GMPs and regulatory requirements.
- The incumbent must also have a thorough understanding of business requirements, effective communication skills, leadership, and interdependent partnering, conflict and risk management.
- Compliance with the GMP, EHS and other regulatory requirements and guidelines, which are connected to the respective function.
- Support technology and network strategies and identify projects/solutions to achieve the required business result.
- Continuously scout for opportunities in close cooperation with the JSC and external sites to identify projects to optimize/reduce Cost of Goods and to improve the overall manufacturing network performance, especially in terms reliability, quality and compliance.
- Optimize design, program, processes and/or technical platform to meet current and future needs.
- Evaluation of innovative technology
- Define the final project objectives and work with the project team.
- Use of FPX & Six Sigma as a project methodology where possible.
- Challenge the organization and focus on the needs of the customers and the business.
- Communicate project objectives and status updates to collaborators.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's or equivalent University Degree required; MS/MBA PE Certificate preferred
Experience and Skills:
- A minimum of six (6) years of related work experience
- Strong technical background in Process and Manufacturing engineering, strong analytical skills to synthesize business needs, manufacturing requirements, engineering elements, and technology inputs, etc. into business solutions.
- Operational and financial fundamentals required.
- FPX certification and Six Sigma and/or Lean experience are a plus.
- Competency, Decision-Making AND Problem-Solving skills required
- Impacts ability to deliver critical projects successfully.
- Engineers new and modifies existing processes to ensure right first time process start up.
- Strong expertise in one or more core areas. Overall knowledge of all related technical/engineering areas.
- Overall program support for critical programs.
- Fluent in written and spoken English. Fluency in other languages is a plus
- Excel, knowledge of SchedulePro software
- Works in an international environment across different time zones.
- This position may require up to 25 % domestic and international travel.
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by crafting the world’s healthiest workforce. Through innovative programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
- The anticipated base pay range for this position is $88,000 to $142,025
- The Company maintains highly competitive, performance-based compensation programs. Under current guidelines, this position is eligible for an annual performance bonus in accordance with the terms of the applicable plan. The annual performance bonus is a cash bonus intended to provide an incentive to achieve annual targeted results by rewarding for individual and the corporation’s performance over a calendar/ performance year. Bonuses are awarded at the Company’s discretion on an individual basis.
- Employees may be eligible to participate in Company employee benefit programs such as health insurance, savings plan, pension plan, disability plan, vacation pay, sick time, holiday pay, and work, personal and family time off in accordance with the terms of the applicable plans. Additional information can be found through the link below.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com .