Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC, one of the Johnson & Johnson family of companies, is currently recruiting for an Associate Director, Medical Information Communication Channels (MICC) , located in Titusville, NJ!
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
The Associate Director, Medical Information Communication Channels (MICC) is responsible leading a team of highly skilled healthcare professionals who are experts in providing accurate, timely, balanced, and up-to-date medical and scientific information to healthcare decision makers, patients, and healthcare professionals across all Janssen promoted products and therapeutic areas. This individual is responsible for the organizational effectiveness, management and continuous optimization of the customer experience and medical engagement strategies within given therapeutic areas in the Janssen MICC. Leads and fosters a culture of customer excellence, innovation, accountability, and high performance.
This is a critical role within the Medical Information department of Janssen Scientific Affairs, in support of unsolicited Medical Information requests for information on the cross-portfolio of Janssen products. This customer and compliance focused position assures excellence in management of service levels, customer experience, product events, continuous business processes and uninterrupted provision of services across omni-channel access to Janssen Medical Information support.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
Organizational Effectiveness –
- Leads a team of MICC Senior Therapeutic Specialists and Managers to assure that processes are consistently followed in accordance with standards for handling of Medical Information.
- Responds to business issues within the MICC and effectively communicates with internal & external partners.
- As an active member of the MICC leadership team, develops and implements MICC strategies in support of franchise and division goals.
- Fosters a culture of customer excellence, innovation, and high performance
- Ensures employee competency and accountability in providing accurate, balanced, and timely medical information to our customers, while promoting a compliant culture.
- Develops the competencies of direct reports to drive high performance and innovative mindset.
- Provides scientific support to internal Scientific Affairs and Commercial strategy/working group teams.
- Actively engages and participates in cross functional meetings with business partners.
- Builds and maintains strong working relationships with key partners and stakeholders across multiple sectors and functional areas (e.g., Janssen Scientific Affairs, Medical Affairs, Marketing, Healthcare Compliance, Global Medical Safety Organization, Medical Devices, Global Health Services, etc.)
Deploy resources – Recruit and hire qualified, diverse, knowledgeable, high caliber staff with a potential to: Develop team for high performance and customer focus. Promote continuous learning and foster a team environment across the department. Provides motivational and inspirational coaching and prepares direct reports for career advancement.
Assure compliant and quality organization through alignment to and consistent execution of business processes - work closely with key stakeholders for quality oversight to assure adherence to established policies and standards for intake of AEs and PQCs and instill an active compliance culture within the organization
Oversee all product activities within given therapeutic areas to assure effective management by MICC – enable organization to manage product situations, including planning for new product launches and handling of crisis events through flexible urgent incidence response. I dentify potential internal/external impacts to the MICC and provides a framework for building resilience and capability for effective response.
Human Resources Management-
- Committed to equal employment and diversity, equity & inclusion; empowers direct reports/teams to live into this commitment
- Builds and executes a robust DE&I and Talent and Succession Planning program
- Promote a culture of collaboration and active participation by team members
- Lead and develop internal resources (permanent direct report or temporary developmental roles) that may be assigned
- Contribute to the development of the Medical Information team. Share and use standard methodologies
- Bachelor’s degree in medical or sciences field (Nursing, Pharmacy, etc.) is the minimum requirement; PharmD or Physician or Nurse Practitioner or Registered Nurse is preferred.
- A minimum of 7-8 years’ relevant experience is required
- 2-3 years of people management experience.is preferred
- Demonstrated success leading and managing healthcare professional staff and developing talent.
- Exhibits customer focus with sound understanding of customer management solutions and healthcare landscape.
- Strategic thinking and planning ability and expertise working in a matrix environment with cross functional team
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Strong knowledge of Medical Information customer communications center processes within pharmaceutical industry
- Business continuity, crisis management, or disaster recovery experience
- Strong facilitation and negotiation skills
- Sense of urgency to manage situations with ability to remain calm
- Ability to build consensus and impact outcomes
Anticipated base pay for this position is between $131,000 and $218,540.
The Company maintains highly competitive, performance-based compensation programs. Under current guidelines, this position is eligible for an annual performance bonus. The annual performance bonus is a cash bonus intended to provide an incentive to achieve annual targeted results by rewarding for individual and the corporation’s performance over a calendar/performance year. Bonuses are awarded at the Company’s discretion on an individual basis. Employees may be eligible to participate in Company employee benefit programs such as health insurance, savings plan, pension plan, disability plan, vacation pay, sick time, holiday pay, and work, personal and family time off in accordance with the terms of the applicable plans. Additional information can be found through the link below.
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional, and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
Information on benefits can be viewed by following this link: https://www.careers.jnj.com/employee-benefits
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
#JNJ #JSA #MedicalInformation # #JanssenBreakthrough #MedicalCommunication