Global Services Finance is the Johnson & Johnson finance center located in many regions of the world, being this position located in Paranaque, Philiphines. The main goal of this position as part of Legal Entity Accounting Team is to deliver compliant local financial services to J&J affiliates.
The Position of Legal Entity Accounting Sr. Manager is responsible for the local Statutory Accounts and Statutory Financial Statements for specific companies under their responsibility. This position is highly involved in all local statutory audits and support to Tax teams, working as a “Conductor” to orchestrate different teams to reach legal entities objectives.
Core responsibilities include:
- Full responsibility for the local Statutory Reporting Requirements of companies in-scope of this manager
- Oversee the preparation by a 3 rd party provider of the local Statutory Financial Statements of companies in scope.
- Coordinate and execute (when applicable) corrective action plan related to Statutory Financial Statements process
- Monitor, analyze and review department work and related processes to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy
- Apply a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure
- Key point of contact within the group on all technical statutory accounting queries and be responsible for establishing and maintaining relationships with external service provider, J&J corporate tax teams, external audit teams (PwC), and local management teams (finance, supply chain, legal, etc)
- Ensure that all necessary closing requirements statutory are done
- Support J&J corporate tax centers regarding the preparation of corporate tax returns for companies in scope.
- Ensure that standardized processes with local audit (PWC) , as well as 3 rd party providers, are in place thorough understanding of the audit process and ability to liaise closely with Auditors, Local Management teams, and other stakeholders eg Tax Advisors
- Provide detailed specific guidance and support on complex business issues and financial system issues so that overall control is maintained
- Close interaction with A2R Group and other Global Services Groups (specific statutory requirements)
- Support projects when applicable (provide insights into specific local statutory and tax requirements or process related)
- Interact with other Global teams to benchmark process and address action plans
- Recruit, lead, motivate and develop team.
- Clear communication of job expectations
- Planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions
- Coaching and mentoring of team members
- Foster an environment of respect, teamwork, innovation and sharing of ideas.
- Ensure strong internal controls are in place, in order to achieve “adequate” compliance with SOX controls and Local GAAP according to jurisdictions requirements
- Keeping businesses compliant with various local accounting regulations
- Work transparently and communicates clearly with Senior Leadership
- Committed to meeting all corporate and local deadlines
- Fully certified public accountant or an international qualified accountant equivalent, with 10 – 15 years post qualified financial experience
- English fluently is required
- Previous job experience in one of the Big 4 companies or other audit firm preferred
- Extensive experience in statutory accounting and tax
- Experience with GAAP conversions and related agenda
- Line Management experience required
Skills & Competencies:
- Great analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, ability to communicate well in presentations for Leadership
- Strong interpersonal, supervisory and customer service skills required
- Proven business partnering skills (especially with external audit teams)
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure, meet deadlines and be able to thrive in a fast-paced work environment, fostering same mindset with the team
- Great US GAAP accounting knowledge
- Great local GAAP knowledge
- Willingness to travel (~25%)
Within the J&J Leadership skills definition following skills and competencies should be shown in this role:
- Results & Performance Driven:
- Takes personal responsibility for delivering results
- Eagerly accepts stretch goals
- Ability to coordinate tasks and orchestrate different teams for supporting audits
- Sense of Urgency:
- Quickly assimilates and digests information
- Demonstrates a clear focus for action on priorities
- Strategic Thinking:
- Demonstrates understanding of Johnson & Johnson’s and the local operating company’s strategy and business model. Demonstrates quick learning.
- Intellectual Curiosity:
- Works to keep updated on the process discussions and business needs
- Seeks opportunities to learn and grow professionally
- Prudent Risk Taking:
- Makes decisions based on facts
- Organisation & Talent Development:
- Shows an appreciation for the talent and potential in others
- Accepts responsibility for and learns from his/her own mistakes
- Works effectively with people that have diverse styles, talents, and ideas
- Collaboration & Teaming:
- Develops business and personal relationships with people from other areas of the organisation
- Demonstrates ability to work with teams and individuals and manages complex matrix organization environment
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. We will receive qualified applicants and will consider for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.