Johnson & Johnson is currently recruiting the Senior Principal EHS IH & Chemical Safety. This position may be located in one of the following locations: Fort Washington, PA, Lititz, PA, Skillman, NJ, Sao Paulo, Brazil, Cali, Colombia, Pomezia, Italy, Zug, Switzerland, Val-de-Reuil, France, Sezanne, France, Wuppertal, Germany, Mandra, Greece, Helsingborg, Sweden, Singapore, or Remote. This position will require up to 20% of international travel.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $82.1 billion in 2020 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen. Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based healthcare Company, touching the lives of nearly a billion people every day. Our Family of Companies throughout the world compete in consumer, pharmaceutical and medical devices & diagnostics markets and have the skills and resources to tackle the world's most pressing health issues.
Johnson & Johnson announced plans to separate our Consumer Health business to create a new publicly traded company. The process of the planned separation is anticipated to be completed within 24 months, and it will be subject to legal requirements including consultation with works councils and other employee representative bodies, as required, and other customary conditions and approvals.
It is anticipated that, following conclusion of the transaction, this position may be conveyed with New Consumer Health. In that case, details of any planned changes would be provided to the successful candidate by New Consumer Health at an appropriate time and would be subject to any necessary consultation processes.
The New Consumer Health Company (NCHC) is recruiting for a Global Leader of Industrial Hygiene (IH) and Chemical Safety. This individual will lead the global effort to assess and mitigate the risks associated with exposure to chemical, physical, biological, and radiological agents and lead a community of practice to implement innovative solutions to harmonize and sustain a world class industrial hygiene program.
- Collaborate with key business stakeholders ranging from operations, maintenance & engineering, research & development, EHS, and organizational leaders.
- Drive a harmonized approach across the Company to maximize efficiency and effectiveness in diverse cultures and countries.
- Support the onboarding of new products in alignment with the global strategy and the IH community of practice.
- Develop and implement global containment solutions for IH and chemical safety challenges.
- Benchmark internally and externally to leverage best in class EHS programs and systems.
- Provide program oversight and management for the corporate occupational hygiene programs including qualitative and quantitative exposure assessment, hazard communication, air monitoring, industrial ventilation, noise measurement, noise control and hearing conservation, respiratory protection, personal protective equipment, ergonomics, ionizing and non-ionizing radiation, and biosafety.
- Provide insight and advice to stakeholders on qualitative risks associated with new products and technologies.
- Support the design development and qualification process of industrial hygiene control systems including Best Available Technologies (BAT) and advise on cost-effective engineering controls for IH associated risks
- Collaborate with Operations, R&D, Engineering and Facilities organizations to incorporate safety engineering design principles into business tools and systems.
- Support the development of fit for purpose maintenance systems to ensure the sustainability of containment engineering systems.
- Lead EHS innovation with a focus on associate facing technology to improve the experience as well as usability of technology in EHS programs.
- Lead technical audits and support IH and chemical safety program reviews
- Develop and monitor industrial hygiene and chemical safety metrics and communicate results to business stakeholders.
- Partner with customers to ensure that SOPs remain current and are regularly reviewed to include new requirements and/or to de-clutter requirements.
- Participate in accident and incident investigations to assure accurate and thorough identification of root causes and development of appropriate CAPA.
- Develop occupational safety capabilities by leading a global Community of Practice and providing relevant training, coaching and support.
- Promote NCHC’s leadership position in occupational safety through outreach activities including regulatory agency alliances and industry forums.
- Support the Global Health Medical Surveillance program.
- University/Bachelor’s degree in engineering, science, management or safety sciences
- At least 8 years in industrial hygiene & chemical Safety
- Proven experience developing industrial hygiene plans and exposure control strategies
- Experience in developing containment solutions to manage chemical exposures
- Knowledge of global EHS regulations & ISO certifications, EHS Management systems and current trends in EHS culture
- Demonstrated critical thinking and analytical skills to evaluate data and challenge results
- Business acumen / high level of market awareness and customer sensitivity
- Demonstrated experience in identifying, evaluating and controlling occupational safety risks in the workplace
- Demonstrated experience in building competency and awareness of industrial hygiene and chemical safety issues through training, coaching, public speaking, and presentations to teams at all levels of the organization.
- Outstanding leadership, ability to gain trust and influence at all levels and collaborative
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with ability to confidently present complex information in an easily understood manner
- Ability to work in a matrix, team-oriented environmentLanguage
- Requirements: English required
- Advanced degree in engineering, science, management, or safety sciences
- Experience in Hazard Classification and Communication for Chemicals, including generation of Safety Data Sheets and Precautionary Product labeling.
- Strong knowledge Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labeling of Chemicals (GHS), Transportation of Dangerous Goods, chemical ingredient regulations (e.g., REACH, ECICS, CLP, RoHS, SVHC, TDG/ADR, EU Cosmetics Regulation, EU BPR, EU MDR, EU PPE regulation, GCC country chemical substance regulation, etc.)
- Certifications in EHS (e.g. CSP, PE, CIH or locally recognized IH certification)
- Six Sigma, FPX certification
- Multi-site EHS experience or multi regional experience in positions of increasing responsibility
- Ability to influence, enable people to do drive reliable execution of safety systems, detect weak signals, question assumptions, and intervene when necessary
- Experience in leading employee campaigns and initiatives, technically and digitally savvy with analytical skills
- Experience with regional policy, procedure, program authoring, development, deployment, and implementation
- Demonstrated project management skills, including ability to produce and maintain project schedules & budgets, create dashboards and track metrics, and assemble project information into clearly written reports that document findings and recommendations.
- Evidence of recognition as a technical leader (e.g., certification, invited speaker at internal and external meetings and symposia, publications)
- Strong compliance orientation with a focus on end-to-end global/regional EHS process management
The anticipated base pay range for this position is $113,000 to $195,500.
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional, and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.