New Products Commercial Lead (Director) is a key role to create “End to End” new franchise and product strategy of pipeline with dedicated assignment for a specific Therapeutic Area (TA). The position will be a window role to communicate global and regional stakeholders as Japan representative of strategic commercial function.
People managing is another key for this role. Expected to develop high level functional capability and talent sustainability of strategic marketing acumen.
This position solidly reports to Head of New Product Planning, also reports to TA Commercial Lead, Janssen Asia Pacific Strategy Organization by dotted line.
Develop TA and compound strategy with R&D as co-lead of cross functional team for responsible TA.
- Maximize labeling opportunity
- Accelerate regulatory pathway
- Optimize pipeline priority
- Find unmet medical needs and evidence gap
- Shape future market and product with deep insight to visualize customer insights by conducting research, collecting professional opinion.
- Develop comprehensive market access strategy with internal/external stakeholders.
- Forecasting and Budget planning in accordance with rolling business cycle.
- Partner to develop an optimal local/regional Business Development strategy and provide commercial expertise to support BD activities.
- Ensure launch excellence of new compounds for a responsible TA as a cross functional launch team lead.
- Undertake technology-enabled solutions to improve patient outcomes.
- 5 years or more pharma business experience at Pharma company or Biotech company.
- Specialty or rare disease marketing experience including new product launching experience is must
- Demonstrate track record of business results in complex and ambiguous marketing environments
- Successful management of agencies and vendor relationship
- Experience managing people and grow them
- High business level of English (TOEIC over 800) and Fluent in Japanese (over JPLT1)
＜Skills and Capabilities＞
- Possess strong leadership
- People Management Skill, Talent Development Acumen
- Ability to develop trust relationship in the organization, active listening and influencing are strongly preferred
- Ability to work across multiple geographies and J&J companies
- Manage agility in multiple task and work environment
- Project management skill
- Critical and logical thinking
- Strategic mindset and road map setting
- Collaboration and communication with open mind
- Communication, presentation, and facilitation skill in English
- Analytical skills to obtain customer insights
- Healthcare, bioscience, or business degree is preferred (PhD, MBA)
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies in Japan strongly recommends prospective employees to complete the COVID-19 vaccination before or as soon as after joining our company to prevent the spread of infection among our employees and people around them as well as our customers and the community we serve, and to ensure our responsibilities are sustainably fulfilled as a healthcare company (except for those who cannot vaccinated with underlying medical conditions and other circumstances).