Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, a member of Johnson & Johnson’s Family of Companies is recruiting for Staff Engineer to be located in Jacksonville, Florida.
Vision Care Specializes in disposable contact lenses, which it markets under ACUVUE® Brand contact lenses. Ever since ACUVUE® transformed vision correction in 1988 with the world's first soft disposable contact lenses, we've passionately pursued new technologies and the highest quality standards. We're proud that ACUVUE® lenses are worn by more people than any other brand!
Our Staff Engineer performs a variety of engineering functions for Automation & Controls requiring a wide diversity of technical knowledge involving, mechanical design reviews, mechanical improvements, automation / controls improvement and supporting the introduction of new highly technological equipment and new products into a fully automated and integrated 24x7 supervised, regulated, and audited manufacturing & production environment. They ensure that manufacturing equipment meets company specifications, schedules, and budgets. This role takes a primary position in activities involved with sub-contractors from beginning of design process through installation and start-up processes. They serve as a resource to other engineering areas in facility or a portion of a given technology. Their primary focus as advocate for continuous improvement of technology and process during alternate working hours schedule.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans, conducts, and directs research, development, or engineering assignments. Leads multiple projects across various fields.
- Qualifies new equipment controls and performs vendor and site acceptance testing to meet project objectives and applicable engineering/government standards. (5%)
- Performs concept analysis and justification of capital and expense projects for future project development of a medium complexity.
- Prepares equipment, process, safety, and materials specifications and conducts technical analysis of vendor proposals in collaboration with multi-functional teams including but not limited to R&D Engineering and Supply Chain Engineering.
- Leads teams of internal engineers, outside designers, consultants, and contractors.
- Develops and implements equipment and/or process improvements to increase efficiency, product yield and safety.
- Provides mentorship and/or training to operations engineers and technicians, to operate, fix and maintain existing and new equipment.
- Provide support to manufacturing operations as required during off-shift hours.
- Performs other engineering duties as assigned by management.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in an Engineering field with at least 6 years of experience working with automated controls systems in a highly automated, regulated manufacturing environment OR a Master’s degree in an Engineering field with at least 3 years’ experience working with automated controls systems in a highly automated, supervised and regulated manufacturing / packaging environment is required.
- Extensive experience programming, integrating, and troubleshooting PLC, HMI and SCADA platforms in a high-speed discrete manufacturing validated environment is required, with strong attention with regards to change control procedures.
- Extensive experience designing manufacturing equipment, processes or techniques closely adhering to safety, quality standards in a high-speed and validated environment is required.
- Performs basic failure analysis and diagnostics, solves problems related to manufacturing processes with the purpose of isolating the failures, resolve a solution and perform the vital operations, documenting all the changes.
- Knowledge of Rockwell Automation RsLogix5000, Siemens S7, Siemens APT, Schneider PAC-Drive, Pilz PSS WinPro, Wonderware InTouch, Wonderware Industrial Application Server is highly desired.
- Experience with motion control (servo systems, cylinders etc), laser printing (e.g. Domino), vision systems (e.g. Cognex), fieldbus communications (EtherNet/IP, Profibus, DeviceNet etc), and Safety PLCs (Pilz, Guardlogix) is desired.
- Knowledge of robotics (e.g., SCARA, web), BCR, RFID systems, Enterprise level software systems, MRP, MES Systems, peer to peer communication, OPC UA/DA, MS Access/SQL database is beneficial.
- Ability to work in a multi-functional team environment while being an individual contributor is required.
- Change control management and project management experience in an FDA regulated environment is required, including installation and qualifications lifecycles.
- Experiences in other industries like pulp & paper, steel / aluminum, food & beverage, or packaging may be considered.
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated self-starter, highly motivated mentally and solid organizational and prioritization skills.
- Ability to work on site in Jacksonville, FL and travel up to 10% travel both domestic and/or international.
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional, and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.