Robotics & Digital Solutions (RAD), part of the Johnson & Johnson family of companies, is recruiting for a Staff Robotics System Engineer, located in Santa Clara, CA
Robotics & Digital Solutions is part of Ethicon, Inc. , a global leader in surgery with products and solutions found in almost every operating room around the world. Ethicon has made significant contributions to surgery for more than 100 years from creating the first sutures to revolutionizing surgery with minimally invasive procedures. Our continuing dedication to Shape the Future of Surgery is built on our commitment to help address the world's most pressing health care issues and improve and save more lives. Through Ethicon's surgical technologies and solutions including robotics, digital solutions, sutures, staplers, energy devices, trocars and hemostats and our commitment to treat serious medical conditions like obesity and cancer worldwide, we deliver innovation to make a life-changing impact. For more information, visit www.ethicon.com .
This is a great opportunity for a Robotics Engineer to use the fundamental modeling and data-driven analysis techniques to bring together the needs of multiple partners, including end-user, regulatory, clinical, mechanical, electrical, controls, marketing, etc. The candidate will be responsible for building and maintaining simulation tools for surgical robotic systems, enabling the model-based analysis framework to support technical trades and decisions. The role requires a strong background in the kinematics/dynamics of multi-axis systems, robot manipulators, physics, data analytics, and simulation modeling.
- Develop and maintain computational and logical models of key system performance aspects and behaviors.
- Develop and maintain model-inform product development framework.
- Work closely with design teams to enable design solutions that align with requirements and minimize risks.
- Lead technical approach and multi-functional discussions, while supporting system engineering activities across the enterprise.
- Develop requirements, specifications, and architectures for system/subsystem performance, based on fundamental analysis and data-driven techniques.
- Help build a knowledge database for analysis tools and techniques that can be used across the project.
- Minimum B.S (Mechanical Engineering, Robotics, Mechatronics, Computer Science, or other related Engineering field equivalent) and 7 years industry experience with proven success in Robotics Systems or M.S. or Ph. D. and 4 years industry experience with proven success in Robotics Systems.
- Solid foundation in kinematics, multi-body dynamics, and control of multi-axis mechanical applications.
- Proficiency in high-level analysis language MATLAB.
- Strong analytical skills with experience partitioning, decomposing and solving sophisticated engineering problems in cross-domain contexts.
- Strong experience in robotics simulation, motion planning, and optimization.
- Experience with physics-engine; strong mathematical background; experience working with robotic arms.
- Proficiency in high-level analysis languages Python and Simulink
Do you want to be part of a diverse team delivering innovative products to market? Apply today!
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.