Abiomed, part of Johnson & Johnson MedTech, is a leading provider of medical devices that provide circulatory and respiratory support, with a mission of recovering hearts & saving lives. Abiomed's "Patients First!" culture drives our skilled workforce and strong relationships with clinicians. Our innovative product portfolio and robust pipeline provide us the incredible opportunity to bring lifesaving technology to more patients around the world than ever before. Founded in 1981, Abiomed has a proven track record for growth, integrity and innovation.
Patients First | Innovation | Winning Culture | Heart Recovery
The New Product Introduction (NPI) team is responsible for the design, development, improvement and validation of manufacturing processes, tooling, and fixtures in order to meet manufacturability requirements for new and existing products. They lead the transition of new products and approaches into production by pushing design for manufacturability early in the design phase, and pulling product into production when the design is complete.
Brief Job Description:
The student will:
· Assist senior staff in the development of new manufacturing procedures, inspections, fixtures and tooling
· Prepare procedures and protocols for verification and validation activities (IQ / OQ / PQ)
· Prepare feasibility and formal test samples through manual, semi-automated, and automated assembly
· Assist in set up and execution of engineering tests
· Analyze test data and prepare reports
· Assist senior staff in presentations to project management of results
· Sophomore, Junior, Senior or Graduate student pursuing a degree in mechanical or biomedical engineering
· Demonstrated strong analytical skills (e.g. engineering and statistical analysis)
· Demonstrated communication skills, both written and verbal
· Knowledge of Solidworks preferred
· Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the US. We we will not be able to provide any sponsorship now or in the future.
Abiomed is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Abiomed will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law. Abiomed maintains a drug-free workplace.