Abiomed, part of Johnson & Johnson MedTech, is recruiting for a Sr. Embedded Software Engineer II located in Danvers, MA.
Abiomed, part of Johnson & Johnson MedTech, is a leading provider of medical devices that provide circulatory and respiratory support, with a mission of recovering hearts & saving lives. Abiomed’s “Patients First!” culture drives our skilled workforce and strong relationships with clinicians. Our innovative product portfolio and robust pipeline provide us the incredible opportunity to bring lifesaving technology to more patients around the world than ever before. Founded in 1981, Abiomed has a proven track record for growth, integrity and innovation.
We are currently hiring for an Embedded Software Engineer II who has experience in embedded application software and firmware development. The candidate would be responsible for designing, simulating, and implementing performance-enhancing software & algorithms used in ABIOMED’s family of products. We seek a motivated and energetic self-starter with a ‘make it happen’ attitude who can thrive in a fast-paced, cutting-edge environment.
- Conversion of user needs and design inputs into software specifications.
- Design, development, and test software per medical device software development life cycle (IEC-62304)
- Participate in software risk analysis and mitigation.
- Management of medium to large-scale projects of varying complexities.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members, including clinicians and data scientists, to refine and develop software features/algorithms.
- Prepare and maintain programs and documentation for analytic models.
- Conduct defined quantitative and qualitative research projects independently and communicate research results to stakeholders.
- M.S. in computer science, math, or an engineering field or equivalent work experience; Ph.D. preferred.
- 5+ years of experience writing memory and run-time efficient code in C/C++ on an embedded platform (micro-controller, microprocessor, etc.).
- 5+ years of experience in developing multi-threaded applications on real-time operating systems.
- Ability to bring up the board and write lower-layer drivers, i.e., SPI, I2C, CAN.
- Comfortable in system-level troubleshooting using EE and Software tools.
- Knowledge of QNX and Linux would be a big plus.
- Knowledge of modeling and analyzing extensive data sets using Python/MATLAB or equivalent tools.
- Familiarity with standard data algorithms and machine learning techniques.
- Experience in the medical device industry is strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge of cardiovascular physiology would be a big PLUS.
- Willing to travel 5% of the time to meet with customers to assess product performance in the field and gather user needs.
- Highly collaborative with excellent communication and analytical skills.
- Self-motivated and willing to learn and explore new technologies.
- Independent, efficient, and able to manage competing priorities.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com .