Johnson & Johnson is recruiting for an R&D Data Science & Digital Health Intern, located in the United States.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $81.6 billion in 2018 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 130,000 people in 60 countries throughout the world.
Calling all big thinkers and world-changers who want to drive their careers forward across more than 250 leading businesses in consumer, pharmaceutical and medical technology. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
In this role, you will work with colleagues in the JNJ Innovative Medicine R&D Data Science & Digital Health organization and partner with key businesses across JNJ Innovative Medicine (formerly Janssen) to apply advanced data science and analytics to answer key research questions. As an intern, you will get the opportunity to work on cutting-edge problems at the intersection of machine learning and healthcare. You will be a member of a dynamic team comprising data scientists and subject matter experts to create and iterate on data science solutions. Projects include, but are not limited to, use of real-world data for modeling and prediction of disease severity and progression, discovery of disease subtypes, risk stratification, and precision medicine using traditional biostatistical methodologies and advanced methodologies from machine learning and/or deep learning. Interns could be located out of our US locations in San Diego, San Francisco, Titusville, Raritan, Spring House, Boston, as well as remote.
- Currently pursuing Bachelor’s, Master’s, or PhD degree in Statistics, Biostatistics, Data Science, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computational Biology, Biomedical Informatics, or related quantitative discipline.
Experience and Skills
- Strong working knowledge of data mining and machine learning.
- Proficiency in one or more of the following programming languages: Python, R.
- Familiarity with predictive modeling and analysis of large datasets.
- Strong technical communication and presentation skills.
- Experience in the analysis of healthcare datasets: claims, EMR/EHR, survey, observation studies.
- Knowledge of causal inference methods.
- Experience with querying databases, including familiarity with SQL.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com .