Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Continuous Improvement Staff Engineer - CAR-T Business Excellence!
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal.
Janssen Biotech, Inc., one of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, and Legend Biotech USA Inc., have entered into a global, strategic collaboration to develop, manufacture, and commercialize a chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) T-cell therapy. This innovative strategic partnership is designed to combine the strengths and expertise of two companies to advance the promise of an immunotherapy CAR-T platform and investigational treatment.
Are you interested in joining a team that is positively impacting patients' lives by ensuring efficient and effective manufacturing of our cell therapy products? Apply today for this exciting chance to be part of the #CAR-T team!
The Raritan CAR-T facility manufactures a personalized autologous cell therapy product that is significantly improving the lives of patients with Multiple Myeloma. The manufacturing of this CAR-T therapy takes several days through various processing steps and quality control procedures. The process is carefully monitored and a variety of quality assurance measures ensure the product is delivered to our customers at the highest possible quality standard. We now need someone who can support our organization in finding ways to do it more efficiently and effectively!
As part of the Business Excellence team, the Continuous Improvement Staff Engineer will lead improvement activities focused on cost, waste reduction, and delivery time. They will harness their experience with Lean Tools to define and analyze opportunities critical to the CAR-T organization and will translate this analysis into goals. The range and scope of work will include manufacturing operations analysis, material utilization, logistics, facilities, and business processes.
- Lead the implementation of key Business Excellence/Continuous Improvement projects at the Raritan CAR-T facility
- Drive associates’ engagement and develop Lean and Six Sigma capabilities through coaching and mentoring at different levels within the site
- Sustain business improvement results through the application of Lean, Six Sigma, and other continuous improvement methodologies
- Act as a Change Leader, working with process owners and stakeholders to implement strategic cost improvements
- Actively contribute to create an organizational culture of Business Excellence on site
- Establish and maintain key partnerships across the organization to ensure a coordinated approach to continuous improvement
- Provide expert support and facilitation to problem solving of major/complex problems using relevant methodologies
- Connect, use, and learn from global standard methodologies and adapt to organizational needs to enable growth, improve customer experience, and drive supply chain efficiencies
- Work cross-functionally to develop end to end value stream mapping and roadmap of goals vs gaps for CAR-T
- Follow and observe all regulatory requirements (GMP’s, ISO, FDA, internal policies) applicable to area of responsibility
- Minimum of a Bachelor's/University Degree required, preferably in an Engineering or Scientific field
Experience and Skills:
- Minimum 6 years of relevant work experience
- Engineering, technical, and/or operations experience
- Proven experience leading continuous improvement projects
- Foundational training on Lean Six Sigma tools and practices
- Demonstrated ability to execute and implement new initiatives
- Strong interpersonal skills and a passion for collaborating/influencing across functions to drive continuous improvement success
- A strong focus on meeting customer needs in a fast-paced environment where quality and reliability are critical
- Experience leading change in a Pharmaceutical and/or other cGMP manufacturing environment
- Green and/or Black Belt certification in Lean or Six Sigma
- Project Management certification or formal training
- Requires up to 10% occasional domestic or international travel
The anticipated base pay range for this position is $90,000 to $144,900.
The Company maintains highly competitive, performance-based compensation programs. Under current guidelines, this position is eligible for an annual performance bonus in accordance with the terms of the applicable plan. The annual performance bonus is a cash bonus intended to provide an incentive to achieve annual targeted results by rewarding for individual and the corporation’s performance over a calendar/performance year. Bonuses are awarded at the Company’s discretion on an individual basis.
Employees and/or eligible dependents may be eligible to participate in the following Company sponsored employee benefit programs: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, business accident insurance, and group legal insurance.
Employees may be eligible to participate in the Company’s consolidated retirement plan (pension) and savings plan (401(k)).
Employees are eligible for the following time off benefits:
- Vacation – up to 120 hours per calendar year
- Sick time - up to 40 hours per calendar year
- Holiday pay, including Floating Holidays – up to 13 days per calendar year
- Work, Personal, and Family Time - up to 40 hours per calendar year
Additional information can be found through the link below. For additional general information on Company benefits, please go to: https://www.careers.jnj.com/employee-benefits .
This job posting is anticipated to close on February 9, 2024. The Company may however extend this time-period, in which case the posting will remain available on https://www.careers.jnj.com to accept additional applications.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com .