"Caring for the world… one person at a time” … inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. We embrace research and science - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. This culture of caring is the focus of our corporate philosophy, that are anchored in the internationally applicable Credo
Office location: Cork, Ireland
Caring for the world, one person at a time has encouraged and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science bringing new insights, products, and services to advance the health and well-being of people. We touch the lives of over a billion people every single day.
Are you ready to impact the world?
If you want to leave your personal mark and be valued for who you are, Johnson & Johnson offers an unusual experience to professionals looking for an opportunity to work with hardworking people who share your real passion for caring, in an environment that empowers you to drive your own career.
Janssen Pharmaceuticals Sciences UC has been operating in Little Island in Cork since 1981. We manufacture bulk active pharmaceutical ingredients that are sold throughout the world, to other Janssen and third-party companies, where they are further processed into tablets, creams or injectable dosage forms.
The QC Microbiologist is a member of the Quality Control Team with primary responsibility to support the plant manufacture of API’s on site. This position provides operational and laboratory support.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Provide Subject Matter Expert (SME) assistance for the site regarding microbiological impact on manufacturing operations in the processing modules.
- Qualification of analytical equipment and transfer of analytical methods
- Sampling and testing coordination during utilities qualifications
- Scheduling of material testing and subsequently review and release of material.
- Environmental Monitoring Program on site and key member of Critical Utilities team
- Drive strategy improvements related to the reduction of contamination risks and the improvement of microbiological hygiene through the promotion of continuous improvement and open communication, in coordination with Operations.
- Support quality and manufacturing investigations, identify and implement appropriate CAPAs, troubleshoot technical issues and provide general microbiological support for the site.
- Actively lead and participate in Continuous Improvement processes within the Quality department and work with all other departments to identify process improvements.
- Act as SME for QC during HPRA, FDA and other regulatory inspections as well as internal audits.
Qualifications and Experience
- MSc in a scientific/technical field as required.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience within a pharmaceutical or GMP supervised environment.
- Possesses a knowledge of Aseptic Manufacturing Processes.
- Knowledgeable of FDA/EMEA regulatory requirements applicable to biologics and/or pharmaceuticals.
- Builds strong relationships with teams and individuals.
- Demonstrates the courage to stand alone on ideas and opinions that differ from others.
- Confident decision maker
- Experience as a microbiologist within a Life Sciences or Biopharmaceutical manufacturing environment supporting manufacturing.
- Advanced degree (PhD) preferred.
- Communication and Leadership skills.
- Working on own initiative to achieve both individual and team-based targets.
- Excellent time management skills with good multi-tasking ability
Working at Johnson & Johnson
For more than 130 years, diversity, equity & inclusion (DEI) have been part of our cultural fabric at Johnson & Johnson and woven into how we do business every day. Our commitment to respect the dignity and diversity of all is embedded in our Credo.
We know that the success of our business depends on having the best talent in a workforce that reflects the diverse markets we serve around the world and an inclusive culture that values different perspectives and life experiences.
That is why we are working to create an inclusive environment where diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experiences are valued and each and every one of our people feels that they belong and can reach their potential. No matter who they are.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.