Johnson & Johnson Vision, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Senior R&D Optomechanical Engineer in the Research & Development Design & Vision Science Team located in Jacksonville, Florida.
At Johnson & Johnson Vision, we have a bold ambition: to change the trajectory of eye health. That’s why, through our operating companies, we’ve developed solutions for every stage of life—to help people see better, connect better and live better. We partner with eye care professionals to provide some of the world’s leading products and technologies to address refractive error, cataracts, dry eye, and beyond. We are committed to using our reach and size for good, and strive to put quality eye care within reach of everyone, everywhere.
In this position, your primary accountability will be to support the development of biomedical optical products. More specifically, you will collaborate closely with vision scientists, platform managers and internal and external Centers of Excellence across the world as well as research centers to identify and translate scientific and engineering insights into product solutions, enabling stage gate progression of the R&D pipeline by mitigating risk and improving their technology readiness levels.
You will use your experience with CAD and optical design software to design and integrate optical components into highly performing vision products. This involves producing optical and engineering design output (conceptual designs, engineering drawings, design specifications with tolerances, metrology targets, etc.), developing design capabilities, and performing predictive optical and engineering modeling.
You will also act as an advocate for continuous improvement of our technology through the identification, development and implementation of innovative design capabilities and processes. Additionally, you will create and detail novel design concepts and associated work products into technical reports, intellectual property disclosures and communications to conferences as well as peer review articles.
You will adhere to all environmental and safety policies and procedures and support department environmental objectives as well as engage in Credo-based decision making.
Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Optics or Mechanical Engineering preferred) or equivalent field,
MS or PhD is highly preferred
A minimum of 4 years of solid individual contributions in a multi-disciplined engineering environment with experience in technology discovery and development is required.
- Experience with engineering programming (Matlab) preferred.
- Experience with basic Statistics preferred.
- Experience with optical design for vision science applications preferred.
- Experience with mechanical modelling preferred (e.g. COMSOL, Abaqus, Ansys, MSC.Software, etc.)
- Prior experience planning, running and analyzing virtual Design of Experiments preferred.
- Prior experience writing technical reports, developing and delivering oral presentations preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, root-cause, and data analysis/mining skills with a strong attention to detail are helpful.
- Experience of working within a team, have excellent communication skills and be able to work under their own initiative.
- Candidates must be diligent, highly organized, and able to manage multiple tasks.
This job posting is anticipated to close on 2/22/2024. The Company may however extend this time-period, in which case the posting will remain available on https://www.careers.jnj.com to accept additional applications.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com.]