Medical Director, Oncology - Prostate Cancer, U.S. Medical Affairs
Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC, a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Medical Director, Prostate Cancer, US Medical Affairs to be located in Horsham, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
The Medical Director, Oncology – Prostate Cancer, U.S. Medical Affairs will support the development and conduct of a variety of Medical Affairs initiatives. These responsibilities include:
- Medical oversight of at least 1 study or project reporting into the Group Medical Director, Medical Affairs (MD).
- Development of the medical strategy for assigned study or project with a goal to address medical and scientific issues and to ensure the appropriate use of relevant Janssen Medical Affairs supported products. The medical strategy will be aligned with MA leadership and integrated evidence team leads (IETLs).
- The role will have some autonomy and will work with MA leadership to devise strategies addressing crucial gaps via critical relationships across Medical Affairs, Global Medical Affairs, R&D, V&E, Commercial and others.
- Individually, provides medical monitoring and medical oversight for company-sponsored Medical Affairs-led interventional and observational clinical trials
- Implement IIS strategy and will be involved in the assessment and supervision of Investigator Initiated Studies and Collaborative Studies conduct (as appropriate)
- Provide medical support in the development of compliant promotional materials and the training of product representatives; supports Commercial functions appropriately.
- Participates to Advisory Board execution and manages relationships with external investigators and opinion leaders.
- Supports development of scholarly publications arising from Janssen Medical Affairs studies
- Supports the development of product monographs and responses to product inquiries
- Drives Prostate Cancer medical strategy for relevant studies or projects
- Contributes to the development of future Prostate Cancer MA strategy
- Partners with key internal and external experts on identifying scientific gaps and data generation / communication opportunities.
A Doctorate level degree is required.
An MD is strongly preferred; Medical Oncologists or Urologists are also strongly preferred.
A minimum of one year of Medical Affairs and/or Clinical Research & Development experience in the pharmaceutical industry, or two or more years of relevant clinical research experience, is preferred.
Board certification in Oncology or Urology or a related field is preferred.
Experience in pharmaceutical trial design and conduct (Phases II-IV) within the pharmaceutical industry, CRO or academia is preferred.
Excellent written, oral and presentation skills are required.
Strong organizational skills are a must.
A proven ability to work in a dynamic environment with interaction with cross-functional teams is preferred.
This role is located in Horsham, PA and may require up to 20% travel.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.