Abiomed Europe GmbH, member of the Johnson & Johnson family of companies, is recruiting for a Legal Specialist EU! This position is based in the European HQ in Aachen, Germany. A flexible work-arrangement is possible.
The candidate will support management and internal business partners, focusing on handling and administering a wide variety of contracts. It will be an excellent opportunity to learn, collaborate and interact with cross-functional teams and diverse partners. Igniting the potential for ground-breaking ideas, by bringing insights to improve and optimize internal execution will also be in scope of this outstanding challenge! This person will also have the chance to work in close partnership with the broader US-based legal team as well as with external counsel while bringing high energy and a collaborative mentality.
Abiomed is an innovative medical device business with an inspiring mission "Patients First", and an outstanding guiding company principle "Recovering hearts. Saving lives." With more than 2,000 employees, Abiomed is one of the fastest growing medical technology businesses in the world with corporate headquarters in Danvers, USA, and locations in Aachen, Berlin, Tokyo and Singapore. Our company is an employer with attractive working conditions and an appreciative workplace culture that focuses on the needs of its employees. We encourage and retain outstanding talent through collaboration, passion and continuous development.
- The Legal Specialist EU will provide legal partnership and counsel in areas such as the contractual and Corporate Governance, so as to support the MedTech business and help to achieve their goals. Additionally, the successful candidate will be owning the operational contract processes, and keeping the various contract templates up to date. The types of contracts could include, but are not limited to: confidentiality agreements, HCC related agreements, and other general agreements within the Commercial and/or Corporate functions.
- Revision and elaboration of contracts as well as those vital for the operation of the business.
- Support commercial and legal decision-making process adhoc by preparing relevant data.
- Be responsible for contract relations with business partners such as suppliers, service providers, distributors, etc. and identify possible actions required.
- Communication with internal team members covering a broad range of legal matters arising in the company.
- A minimum of an Associate's degree, paralegal certification, or equivalent work experience is required; a Bachelor's degree is preferred.
Experience and Skills:
- ·Work experience in an international setting preferred.
- Strong analytical and administrative skills.
- High degree of flexibility, dedication and resilience to blossom in a fast-paced environment.
- Interest in identifying and leading process improvements to achieve company goals.
- Excellent judgment, tact, and diplomacy skills in dealing with internal and external business partners as well the ability to handle highly confidential and proprietary information.
- Self-starter and a standout colleague with creative problem solving ability.
- Demonstrated ability to partner and work with various departments and run budgets/projects, cross-functionally, cross-geography, and with cross-company teams.
- Languages: Proficient English and German skills (written and verbal) required. French, Italian and/or Spanish would be a plus.
- Occasional travel e.g. to the US HQ or other relevant company events (national/international)
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com.]