As a New Business Development Senior manager/Manager in Japan, this role is responsible for evaluating the market potential of global/regional/local BD opportunities for Japan and identifying BD opportunities which contribute to the Japan business as well as the global/regional business.
This role will provide opportunities to collaborate with global/regional/local stakeholders, including senior management, to shape and influence the direction of Janssen’s future business.
- Lead and conduct commercial assessments for BD opportunities in Japan including sales forecasting, OPEX, competitor analysis etc.
- Lead and conduct asset screening to identify new BD candidates
- Obtain and present local market insight including epidemiology, diagnosis, treatment and unmet medical needs for Japan
- Collaborate with global/regional/local stakeholders including senior management for activities above
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Business, Finance, Economics, Science, or a related field.
- 5+ years of experience within the health care/ Pharmaceutical industry preferred.
- Experience working with commercial functions and R&D
- Excellent working experience in commercial assessment including sales forecasting and asset screening and related analyses
- Ability to understand clinical data and information about clinical development
- Ability to understand information about finance including P&L
- Excellent communication skills with global/regional/local stakeholders including senior management
- Proficient in both English and Japanese
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and industry-related databases and web application
- Flexibility to participate in teleconferences outside working hours due to time zone difference
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies in Japan strongly recommends prospective employees to complete the COVID-19 vaccination before or as soon as after joining our company to prevent the spread of infection among our employees and people around them as well as our customers and the community we serve, and to ensure our responsibilities are sustainably fulfilled as a healthcare company (except for those who cannot vaccinated with underlying medical conditions and other circumstances).