Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. At Johnson & Johnson, we believe good health is the foundation of vibrant lives, thriving communities and forward progress. That’s why for more than 130 years, we have aimed to keep people well at every age and every stage of life. Today, as the world’s largest and most broadly-based healthcare company, we are committed to using our reach and size for good. We strive to improve access and affordability, create healthier communities, and put a healthy mind, body and environment within reach of everyone, everywhere. Every day, our more than 130,000 employees across the world are blending heart, science, and ingenuity to profoundly change the trajectory of health for humanity.
If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen. Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees, and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based healthcare Company, touching the lives of nearly a billion people every day. Our Family of Companies throughout the world compete in innovative medicine, medical devices & diagnostics markets and have the skills and resources to tackle the world's most pressing health issues.
We are hiring Director, APAC Sustainability role is part of the Enterprise Sustainability team responsible for stewarding our global environmental sustainability strategies and integrating them into our healthcare segment business priorities and goals, working closely with a broad group of internal and external stakeholders including commercial and customer teams. The person will take proactive initiative to understand and address sustainability needs of our key healthcare customers and other stakeholders in APAC, further, enhance the value proposition of sustainability for our MedTech and Janssen Pharmaceuticals businesses, and drive alignment with key business leaders and cross-functional teams in the region . In addition, the role will help to position J&J as a leader in environmental sustainability in relevant industry groups and external engagement platforms in APAC.
Strategy & Governance
- Co-develop the business and value case to integrate sustainability into MedTech and Innovative Medicine business strategy and priorities in APAC; Proactively helping to build and maintain connections and partnerships with key APAC business leaders and cross-functional stakeholder partners across key markets
- Provide hands-on support for the development and execution of key sustainability priorities in APAC and integrating them across regional Innovative Medicine and MedTech business priorities
- Lead APAC regional and country specific sustainability councils and teams and be the dot connector across enterprise, segment and country sustainability efforts
- Monitor the dynamic and growing external trends and regional stakeholders expectations for healthcare sustainability and identify relevant insights that will help us stay competitive, and future proof our business
- Support regional and cross functional teams on sustainability related requests
- Contribute to Enterprise strategy development, envisioning and shaping the future of sustainability in the healthcare sector with APAC specific stakeholder insights
Customer Engagement & Support
- Engage with APAC regional J&J Customer teams internally and externally to understand our customers’ priorities, needs, and initiatives around sustainability
- Support global customer inquiries and work with regional customer teams and contract/ tender teams on EPP (Environmental Preferred Purchasing) and ESG questions.
- Identify needs/gaps to help evolve our sustainability capabilities, processes and data to support regional needs
- Create value creation proof-points, case studies, and internal/ external stories around sustainability to showcase value to our APAC customers
Communications, Regulatory tracking & Stakeholder Engagement
- Work with Government Affairs & Policy (GA&P) and Environmental Product Compliance (EPC) teams to track and monitor regional environmental sustainability regulations and integrate them into enterprise regulatory tracking and impact assessment process
- Engage with relevant trade organizations, provide subject matter expertise and coordinate advocacy efforts with GA&P and Environment product compliance teams
- Connect with country/business representatives in the region to enable compliance with environmental sustainability regulations
- Manage and connect to healthcare external environment in APAC through active membership with industry organizations, non-profit groups, and trade organizations and Key Opinion Leaders
- Create visibility and awareness of J&J’s, segment and country specific sustainability achievements to internal and external stakeholders in APAC
- Collaborate with GCI, GPH and DEI and other ESG focused functions in the region
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree is required. An advanced degree (MS) or MBA is preferred.
- 10 years’ of relevant business experience working in a matrix / corporate environment
- Minimum of 10 years of business-related experience leading initiatives with cross functional teams (communicating effectively with multiple stakeholders at different levels in complex business settings).
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Commercial / Customer engagement and Strategy Development and Sustainability.
- Proficiency in project management, change management and/or process improvement is preferred
- Strong collaboration skills and ‘one team’ mindset is required
- Learning agility and natural curiosity
- Ability to influence without authority and help drive transformational change
- This position can be located in the key market of APAC such as Singapore, China, Japan with travel up to 20% across the region
- Experience in the Healthcare/Pharmaceuticals/Medical Devices/MedTech industry.
- Advanced proficiency in Change Management and/or Process Improvement.
- Financial acumen and business case development experience.
- Experience as an End-to-end business thinker and leader
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, depending on location and subject to local legislation, candidates offered employment may be required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or, in certain countries, secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work. If you are invited to interview for the position, your recruiter will advise on the vaccine requirement status in your geographic location.