General Summary / 職務概要
The Data Science function within J&J Vision Japan is looking for a Data Analyst who is passionate about designing, developing, and fielding data mining solutions that have direct impact to patients, customers, and professionals. In our commitment to promote enterprise data-driven culture, the Data Science Function is empowered to explore and analyze data to uncover insights, patterns and deep understanding that converts into true business value.
Reporting into the Senior Manager/ Principal Data Scientist, the Data Analyst will be responsible for researching and devising innovative statistical models for data analysis that develops valuable insights which answer business needs and uncover hidden opportunities. Using statistical and analytical methods and the cutting-edge data science knowledge, he/she will work with business stakeholders to understand, analyze and visualize data to empower key business decisions across Strategy, Marketing and Sales teams.
The ideal candidate will have mathematical and statistical expertise, along with natural curiosity and a creative mind. While mining, interpreting, and cleaning our data, he/she will be relied on to ask questions, connect the dots, and uncover business opportunities for realizing the data’s full potential.
Duties & Responsibilities / 職務および職責
- Proactively identify creative data science solutions, modeling techniques and new data sources available to maintain an optimal, up-to-date analytics/ data toolset.
- Partners closely with the engineering team, Digital team, IT team & global counterparts in the continuous development of data strategy for Vision Care Japan.
- Partners with and influences with business stakeholders across Strategy/ MKT and Sales functions to identify, design, execute and visualize advanced analysis that answer key business questions/ present business opportunities.
- Developing prediction systems and machine learning algorithms.
- Leads and grows capabilities of Data Analysts & Spoke members. Develops learning plans to ensure effective knowledge sharing, and related team members maintain a high level of technical expertise.
- Continuously improve data access to make data FAIR (Findable, Accessible, Interoperable, Reusable).
- Partners with a cross-company/cross-country team of data scientists/experts to develop and maintain existing solutions and create new solutions.
Key Requirements (skills, competencies, experience, certification) / 必要要件（スキル、知識、経験、資格）
- 3+ years of experience in a business-related data science and/or advance analytics role
- 2+ years of experience with Ph.D or 4-5 years of experience and /or M.S Computer Sciences, Statistics, Machine Learning & Artificial Intelligence, Physics, Mathematics, Molecular Biology, Bioinformatics, Computational Informatics, Medical Informatics, Computational Biology or a related discipline.
- PHD or BSc in a STEM subject with equivalent knowledge is a plus
- Strong working knowledge of machine learning techniques, such as regression, decision trees, probability networks, association rules, clustering, neural networks and Bayesian models, as well as skills in text mining and data visualization.
- Clear understanding of data analysis workflows and statistical methods such as hypothesis testing and probability modeling.
- Expertise in one or more programming languages, such as Python, R or Java.
- Knowledge of relational database architecture and data management with expertise in SQL.
- Experience in delivering on data science projects using predictive technologies, data mining and/or text mining in a business context.
- Fluency in Japanese with conversational English level
- Experience in business intelligence and company-wide reporting
- Familiarity with one or more high-level programming languages, such as C++, C#.
- Change management skill
- Basic knowledge of marketing
- Fluency in English
Business English TOEIC: 800 and above (if non-native)
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies in Japan strongly recommends prospective employees to complete the COVID-19 vaccination before or as soon as after joining our company to prevent the spread of infection among our employees and people around them as well as our customers and the community we serve, and to ensure our responsibilities are sustainably fulfilled as a healthcare company (except for those who cannot vaccinated with underlying medical conditions and other circumstances).